Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Back to the drawing board.

Votes: 12 19.4%

• Total voters

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Hello Model3OwnersClub members! So let's try this again since our other thread was deleted before we became an actual vendor. We have connections with wheel manufacturers to build you guys custom flow forged wheels, whether it is a full on custom design or an OE design replicated into a flow forged construction over the standard cast wheel.

So what is flow forging / flow forming? It incorporates traditional monoblock wheel casting methods with spin forming technology to improve the material properties and overall strength of wheels. This process impacts the micro-structure of aluminum by utilizing three hydraulic rollers to apply pressure to form the inner rim area after the wheel has been casted. The rollers move down the barrel, applying pressures to stretch, compress, and form the entire wheel barrel, ultimately increasing the tensile strength and elongation properties.

The final product is a lighter, stronger wheel that has an increased load capacity and shock resistance over the traditional cast aluminum wheel. This method provides up to a 25% weight reduction compared to a traditional cast wheel but also depends on the design itself.

What are some benefits for a Model 3 Specific wheel?

- 100% Fitment Guarantee and Exclusive to the Tesla Model 3 and all trim levels
- TPMS Compatible
- True rotary forged construction
- Hub centric build for all trim levels
- Square or Staggered, your choice!
- Finish: TBD but can be done in Gloss Gray Metallic
- Custom Finishes available at request!

Now for the wheel ideas. I know I've tossed up the ideas of possibly making the Roadster V1 rotational wheel but I've started to take a liking to the Arachnid Style wheels that the Model S has and was reminded of a time when we had ordered these AGLuxury AGL27 wheels for the Model S which is pretty close to the Arachnid style.

They even have a Model X as one of their vehicles on their gallery.

And so I made a quick render over a Tesla Model 3 and I think this could be one of our wheels. We would bring them in a 19" and 20" setup. Most likely it will be a 19x8.5 / 19x9.5 setup for those that want to run 235 squared or 245/275 staggered with a 20X8.5 / 20X10 setup for anyone wanting to run 235/275 staggered or 245/285 staggered if this take off and we gather enough interest.

What do you guys think? I added a poll on top.​

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I'll vote for the wheels that were originally on the black Roadster V2 prototype.

I’ll 3rd that, or some version of the red model 3 at the original reveal, but sounds like tesla has a patent on that design and eventually will release them

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
We could definitely build another split 5 spoke type wheel but there's soo many available, it'll just be adding to the list of many that's readily available.

These are just the few of the split 5 spokes, while slightly different or more star shaped, there's soo many already out and readily available and most of these can be machined to be hub centric to the Model 3

Vorsteiner V-FF 103
VS Forged VS08
VS Forged VS02
Forgestar CF5V
Avant Garde M580
Avant Garde M510
Avant Garde M650
Stance SF07
Vertini RF1.2
Rohana RF2
Rohana RFX5
Rohana RFX11
Ace Alloy AFF02
TSW Bathurst

m3_4_wifey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would you be looking at doing this in all size wheels? How would the weights and wheel load compare to the OEM versions?

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Would you be looking at doing this in all size wheels? How would the weights and wheel load compare to the OEM versions?
We would make 19" and 20" in the rotary forged process for direct bolt on application. We would definitely aim to build the wheels to be load rated for the heaviest Model 3 application and weight should definitely be lighter than the OEM cast wheels.

Of course the weight will vary depending on the design of the wheel so if we did more a simple spit 5 spoke type wheel, it would definitely help shave weight compared to something like a turbine wheel. We'd probably see the wheels from 22lbs to 27lbs depending on the design and size of the wheel.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I think I posted this in the old thread, but would love to see something similar to the Porsche GT4 wheels. I see Rotiform is making some, but you all aren't carrying them on your website. They're also only available in matte black and the brightest chrome ever. Would love to see them in a satin graphite type finish or Porsche's platinum finish.

Porsche GT4 Wheels:

Rotiform PGT One Piece:

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
65800129-5b12-40d5-b764-37ba19d6780a-jpeg.14054
The Arachnids are OK, but if you want to do a Tesla replica, make a wheel that even TESLA haven’t produced yet. I had forgotten about these, but somebody just posted them. And like these, make them true directional. I would probably have to buy a set of these in 20” if they were made.

Really, I’d love to see somebody make a split 5 spoke in 19 & 20” with aero hub caps that could be out on for road trips. It could be a Swatch watch of wheels if a variety of hubcaps were designed. Great way to differentiate from the multitude of other split 5 spokes out there.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Arachnids are OK, but if you want to do a Tesla replica, make a wheel that even TESLA haven’t produced yet. I had forgotten about these, but somebody just posted them
I think that's just an early rendition of the Sport wheels.
It does differ from the final wheel in interesting ways.

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed that it is an early rendition of it. As for the difference, the drawing shows a much greater directional twist. In both, the leading edge of each split spoke is straight. The huge difference is that the drawing shows the trailing spoke straight and then split into the twist that gives the feeling of rotation. The trailing edge of one split spoke becomes parallel to the leading edge of the next split spoke. Pretty awesome effect. The OEM wheel twists out first to make the split and then is another straight spoke. No two spokes are fully parallel. This design works better when you only make one wheel to use on both sides. It would be cool if there were center cap covers like the OEM wheel, too.

Mello

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
maybe the 7 spoke version of the split spoke style as seen on the roadster reveal?
surprised more people haven't mentioned this one...
tesla-roadster-wheels-jpg.14176

This would look awesome, center caps especially....

ppower

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
maybe the 7 spoke version of the split spoke style as seen on the roadster reveal?
surprised more people haven't mentioned this one... View attachment 14176
This would look awesome, center caps especially....
Those aren’t center caps. That is a centerlock wheel. The are like the turbine wheel on the red 3 from the debut. For daily use, they are a pain. Many people with street cars that use centerlock a actually convert them back to ones with regular studs.

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
We could work a way around the centerlock look of the wheel but this requires some additional cost and probably add some significant weight since the center of the wheel will need to be made a certain way but check this out! Something I came across while visiting the mad scientists at Avant Garde wheels making a full custom one-off wheel.

Center cap off

Center Cap On.. Also the screw on cap has been machined to fit OE cap into that!

GetYourWheels

TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Damn! (I bet that’s heavy. It’s a lot of metal)
indeed it was! That is why I would like to stay away from doing this sort of design but if majority vote goes for that sort of thing, I'll definitely cater to that and hopefully we can engineer a wheel that won't be as heavy.

processengr

Country
Country
I would like to see an 18" version of the sport wheel.
I want to run the 45 series sidewalls, or I would have purchased the 19" sport wheel option.
Even with the 18" wheel setup, at 42 psi, freeway dividers are very noticable. The lower the profile, the greater transmission of the shock.

Kyle-Lee

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello Model3OwnersClub members! So let's try this again since our other thread was deleted before we became an actual vendor. We have connections with wheel manufacturers to build you guys custom flow forged wheels, whether it is a full on custom design or an OE design replicated into a flow forged construction over the standard cast wheel.

So what is flow forging / flow forming? It incorporates traditional monoblock wheel casting methods with spin forming technology to improve the material properties and overall strength of wheels. This process impacts the micro-structure of aluminum by utilizing three hydraulic rollers to apply pressure to form the inner rim area after the wheel has been casted. The rollers move down the barrel, applying pressures to stretch, compress, and form the entire wheel barrel, ultimately increasing the tensile strength and elongation properties.

The final product is a lighter, stronger wheel that has an increased load capacity and shock resistance over the traditional cast aluminum wheel. This method provides up to a 25% weight reduction compared to a traditional cast wheel but also depends on the design itself.

What are some benefits for a Model 3 Specific wheel?

- 100% Fitment Guarantee and Exclusive to the Tesla Model 3 and all trim levels
- TPMS Compatible
- True rotary forged construction
- Hub centric build for all trim levels
- Square or Staggered, your choice!
- Finish: TBD but can be done in Gloss Gray Metallic
- Custom Finishes available at request!

Now for the wheel ideas. I know I've tossed up the ideas of possibly making the Roadster V1 rotational wheel but I've started to take a liking to the Arachnid Style wheels that the Model S has and was reminded of a time when we had ordered these AGLuxury AGL27 wheels for the Model S which is pretty close to the Arachnid style.

They even have a Model X as one of their vehicles on their gallery.

And so I made a quick render over a Tesla Model 3 and I think this could be one of our wheels. We would bring them in a 19" and 20" setup. Most likely it will be a 19x8.5 / 19x9.5 setup for those that want to run 235 squared or 245/275 staggered with a 20X8.5 / 20X10 setup for anyone wanting to run 235/275 staggered or 245/285 staggered if this take off and we gather enough interest.

What do you guys think? I added a poll on top.​
Do you have pictures of gloss gray metallic?