Tesla Model 3 customer deliveries are reportedly starting next week

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do we know she's a non-employee?
she says that in the comments. Someone else asks if hers is the first delivered (presumed non-employee, and it's someone she knows personally) and she confirms to the best of her knowledge hers is the first. Obviously we know it's not the first Model 3 overall

ETA: maybe I mis read it... they actually say "first person I know to get it", and she says "Im the first person I know to get it too", so maybe being cheeky and is an employee connected order, or maybe not. :shrug:

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
she says that in the comments. Someone else asks if hers is the first delivered (presumed non-employee, and it's someone she knows personally) and she confirms to the best of her knowledge hers is the first. Obviously we know it's not the first Model 3 overall

ETA: maybe I mis read it... they actually say "first person I know to get it", and she says "Im the first person I know to get it too", so maybe being cheeky and is an employee connected order, or maybe not. :shrug:
Yeah, that's how I read it too.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Never should have ordered the 8-trak player. Those have been on backorder from the supplier for quite some time. Tesla is rumored to be taking over the manufacture of the 8-trak players from now on though so it's all good. ;)

Dan
Actually, they are taking the building of the 8-tracks in-house at the Gigafactory.... right next to all the other parts they are building by hand :)

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just saw that the fifth guy in the
(google)excel
got his VIN, it's very conspicuous that 3/5 have chosen "Midnight Silver" as their color, and the other 2 didn't specify one. So maybe it really is the color, though i don't know what you chose. If you also have the same color then ofc my point is invalid.
It might make sense for Tesla to paint in batches... if that speeds anything else up it makes sense.

CrazyJ0hn

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
yes, that's what i thought. But I don't think those batches are hundreds of cars, more like around 100 (but I have absolutely no clue how big paint canister or other type of reservoir is). But I guess it doesn't matter now anyway because new invites and even VINs seems to arrive more frequently and if you can make such a statement after only 5 days of regular updates in the spreadsheet, more continuously.

A completely different question came up by looking at the spreadsheet though, there are some guys who have more than one (=2=limit) reservations, but configuring only one car......so when they take delivery of the first car can they reserve a second one (third in total) again or is this limit set per account and lifetime or how does it work? (not that I need 10 TM3, just wondering)

NRG4All

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I didn’t ask why. But I did notice every time someone asked if they could sit inside they said “no...but we have an S and X you can sit in”. I assumed it was because they wanted to direct potential new customers to those models. Seems an obvious strategy when you have a 400K model 3 order backlog.

They did hint that there might be model 3’s on display at some Tesla stores in January.

Just my opinion, if you want to get your car when production is in its infancy then you might have to buy it “site unseen”. If you want to check it out in detail first and test drive it, then I’m sure you will have plenty of opportunity, if you wait a few months. Depends on your priorities.
I had a conversation with a Tesla Corp. rep about when Model 3 would show up in showrooms. He said that they weren't planning on having any before the middle of 2018, Because when you have a 400,000 backlog and people are anxious to get their Model 3 sight unseen, there is no reason to have units in the showroom.

mbrucem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yes, that's what i thought. But I don't think those batches are hundreds of cars, more like around 100 (but I have absolutely no clue how big paint canister or other type of reservoir is). But I guess it doesn't matter now anyway because new invites and even VINs seems to arrive more frequently and if you can make such a statement after only 5 days of regular updates in the spreadsheet, more continuously.

A completely different question came up by looking at the spreadsheet though, there are some guys who have more than one (=2=limit) reservations, but configuring only one car......so when they take delivery of the first car can they reserve a second one (third in total) again or is this limit set per account and lifetime or how does it work? (not that I need 10 TM3, just wondering)
You were allowed to reserve 2 Model 3's when they opened up reservations. Many people (unfortunately not me) did that.