Tesla Model 3 customer deliveries are reportedly starting next week

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I know a lot of you that haven't even configured yet aren't going to have a lot of sympathy for me, but this is driving me nuts! I have to be one of the first non-employees to have configured. I haven't received a VIN or an updated delivery estimate since my configuration. This guy is taking delivery Monday, 12/11. He configured at 8:43 am PT 11/21, I configured 6:20 am PT 11/21.

https://electrek.co/2017/12/07/tesla-model-3-customer-deliveries-starting-next-week/

Last edited:

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I know a lot of you that haven't even configured yet aren't going to have a lot of sympathy for me, but this is driving me nuts! I have to be one of the first non-employees to have configured. I haven't received a VIN or an updated delivery estimate since my configuration. This guy is taking delivery Monday, 12/11. He configured at 8:43 am PT 11/21, I configured 6:20 am PT 11/21.

https://electrek.co/2017/12/07/tesla-model-3-customer-deliveries-starting-next-week/
Never should have ordered the 8-trak player. Those have been on backorder from the supplier for quite some time. Tesla is rumored to be taking over the manufacture of the 8-trak players from now on though so it's all good. ;)

Dan

CrazyJ0hn

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I just saw that the fifth guy in the
(google)excel
got his VIN, it's very conspicuous that 3/5 have chosen "Midnight Silver" as their color, and the other 2 didn't specify one. So maybe it really is the color, though i don't know what you chose. If you also have the same color then ofc my point is invalid.
Interesting theory. I checked with You You and his is Pearl White. Whew! I'll update accordingly.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The internet if rife with people getting emails so general public deliveries are starting this month. The ramp continues and many will still have to wait but at least they're starting.

2170pwr

Country
Country
I talked to Tesla employee at LA auto show this past Monday. He said that the next batch of invites was coming soon and that the delivery estimates on the Tesla website should be accurate. I let him know of my Dec 2017-Feb 2018 estimate (online reservation, RWD LR PUP, pre-reveal, CA location, non-owner) and he seemed to imply that an invite may come soon. I'm not sure how much he really knew, but the fact that he was standing next to the beautiful Model 3 on display made him more convincing. I really got the feeling from him, and the others there, that the flood gates of production would be opening soon. They all see really excited, many of them had their own Model 3 reservations. BTW, as many on this forum have stated, in person the car is stunning! Photos don't do it justice but here is my attempt, photo from the show: IMG_6606.jpg

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

It’s possible your car didn’t pass QC and.needed additional work...

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm just guessing that they make them in identical batches, they match-make them with configs. If you happen to config to match a convenient batch, you might get yours sooner than someone who configured before you but just missed a matching batch.

There are only 10 hardware batch types current (5 colors x 2 wheels).

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I talked to Tesla employee at LA auto show this past Monday. He said that the next batch of invites was coming soon and that the delivery estimates on the Tesla website should be accurate. I let him know of my Dec 2017-Feb 2018 estimate (online reservation, RWD LR PUP, pre-reveal, CA location, non-owner) and he seemed to imply that an invite may come soon. I'm not sure how much he really knew, but the fact that he was standing next to the beautiful Model 3 on display made him more convincing. I really got the feeling from him, and the others there, that the flood gates of production would be opening soon. They all see really excited, many of them had their own Model 3 reservations. BTW, as many on this forum have stated, in person the car is stunning! Photos don't do it justice but here is my attempt, photo from the show: View attachment 4302
Did you happen to ask the Tesla person why no one was being allowed to sit inside? I am seeing people on the Tesla owners site asking for anyone who can offer a test drive in one before placing an order with a $3,500 non-refundable deposit.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did you happen to ask the Tesla person why no one was being allowed to sit inside? I am seeing people on the Tesla owners site asking for anyone who can offer a test drive in one before placing an order with a $3,500 non-refundable deposit.
Because once you let 'em inside, they won't want to leave! ;) I'm only half-kidding.

2170pwr

Country
Country
I didn’t ask why. But I did notice every time someone asked if they could sit inside they said “no...but we have an S and X you can sit in”. I assumed it was because they wanted to direct potential new customers to those models. Seems an obvious strategy when you have a 400K model 3 order backlog.

They did hint that there might be model 3’s on display at some Tesla stores in January.

Just my opinion, if you want to get your car when production is in its infancy then you might have to buy it “site unseen”. If you want to check it out in detail first and test drive it, then I’m sure you will have plenty of opportunity, if you wait a few months. Depends on your priorities.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I feel a hell of a lot more sympathy for you than I do for the people who reserved after me AND bought a Tesla after the unveil and are still whining about the wait.