Tesla Model 3 additional 12V outlet

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I came in here to post this video, because it's very helpful! Big thanks if you are the one who made it @jonco223 !

This is typical week 1 activity for every car I buy, especially with lack of sockets by Tesla. In fact I just spent this morning reversing this on my mini getting it ready to trade in for my 3 very soon!

The one question I have, is if the 12v socket harness runs up to another accessible location further forward, possibly less trim to remove.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, my video. Good question - I looked for the 12V outlet wiring behind the panel in the passenger footwell, but it doesn't run that way. It appears to run under the driver's seat and along the driver's door edge and then up under the dash. Also looked in that area for a 12V constant source, but only found a 12V source that drops to 9V when the car goes to sleep...

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great video, very well done and very informative.

I ran 12V similar to you a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get past getting the 12V wires into the console bucket. My next job was going to be taking it all apart again to find out where I could mount a 12V outlet; your excellent measurements will make that a lot easier.

sc123

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Another idea is to do what these guys do:

https://getjeda.com/

Basically install a small battery pack that trickle charges off the USB port, but can provide a higher current fast charge for your phone directly off the battery pack ....