Tesla lot full of model 3s

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Keep in mind that everything they build in Jan and Feb is destined for overseas. Elon mentioned it. Looks like they tried to stock pile some for the US maybe so they could continue to fulfill orders for a while. That $2500 extra for the red may be slowing it down a bit.

mrpetrov

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Keep in mind that everything they build in Jan and Feb is destined for overseas. Elon mentioned it. Looks like they tried to stock pile some for the US maybe so they could continue to fulfill orders for a while. That $2500 extra for the red may be slowing it down a bit.
I have a red LR AWD model 3 with a build date of 9 Jan 2019 arriving at my local dealer on Friday so I don't think all of them are destined for non-US - but perhaps the great majority?

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a red LR AWD model 3 with a build date of 9 Jan 2019 arriving at my local dealer on Friday so I don't think all of them are destined for non-US - but perhaps the great majority?
Very nice - I didn't figure every single one would go overseas, but I don't have any knowledge different than what Elon was quoted as saying. We do know that it looks like at least 3 ships have been loaded and are in route overseas. It was believed the first one may have only had about 2500 cars on it. If they are still building 6000 a week or so I figured they would have capacity to still fill North American orders as well.

Don't want to take this thread off topic, but I don't know all of the differences in the cars being built for North America vs those headed across the water. I believe the charge port is different. Obviously km vs mi and some different languages in the GUI, but the cars otherwise should have little to no difference. They could have the slowest assembly line still building for North America, or could switch the line one day a week, or any number of things.

The vast majority are headed overseas though.

Congrats on the car by the way and let us know if you find anything new or different on a 2019 year besides the letter change in the VIN.

mrpetrov

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Very nice - I didn't figure every single one would go overseas, but I don't have any knowledge different than what Elon was quoted as saying. We do know that it looks like at least 3 ships have been loaded and are in route overseas. It was believed the first one may have only had about 2500 cars on it. If they are still building 6000 a week or so I figured they would have capacity to still fill North American orders as well.

Don't want to take this thread off topic, but I don't know all of the differences in the cars being built for North America vs those headed across the water. I believe the charge port is different. Obviously km vs mi and some different languages in the GUI, but the cars otherwise should have little to no difference. They could have the slowest assembly line still building for North America, or could switch the line one day a week, or any number of things.

The vast majority are headed overseas though.

Congrats on the car by the way and let us know if you find anything new or different on a 2019 year besides the letter change in the VIN.
You bet, will do! Given I am new to the car, is there anything you'd like me to check to see if it's changed when I get a hold of it - I'd be very happy to check stuff and post photos or whatever.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You bet, will do! Given I am new to the car, is there anything you'd like me to check to see if it's changed when I get a hold of it - I'd be very happy to check stuff and post photos or whatever.
Nothing in particular. Tesla is very well known for making changes and improvements throughout the model year. In the first 6 months of production they changed the suspension, the seats, the headliner. Nothing is really expected to be changed on Jan 1, but Tesla does change their true model year at the turn of the year unlike most other manufacturers. Since they were gearing up for overseas models, I doubt they slipped any other major changes in, but you just never know.

Be prepared to be blown away.

Magnets!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Congrats on the new car. I'd be curious to know if you have a piece of insulation in the hole on the rear deck. Look up from inside the trunk. If so can you take a picture? If you are feeling adventerous see if it pulls/snaps out and take a pic. A part number would be awesome to have. Thanks.

Last edited:

Lynkjapp

Country
Country
We do know that it looks like at least 3 ships have been loaded and are in route overseas.
So far it's actually four ships that are heading for Europe and one for China, so five ships have so far left Pier 80.

However, the cars closest to the camera obviously have American plate holders (unless these cars go to Japan or whatever other country that uses the more square ones).

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
So far it's actually four ships that are heading for Europe and one for China, so five ships have so far left Pier 80.

However, the cars closest to the camera obviously have American plate holders (unless these cars go to Japan or whatever other country that uses the more square ones).
Remember Japan is. RHD country so unlikely...