Tesla Light Show files - share yours here

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Share your Light Show file here; or a link to others that are verified to work.

For feedback:
  • Use :thumbsup: or ✅ or ❤️ for good files.
  • Use the ⏳ for files that aren't good or don't work.

As always download files from the Internet at your own risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrollens

mrau

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This site here is a repository for LightShows that people have created. Most have a video of what they look like. Can download the ones you like as well. It all looks free so far.

The Mission Impossible one is well done.

JWardell

TOO Master Member 👑
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now that our cars can all play custom light shows from a USB drive, a thread would be nice to discuss them!
Either discuss developing them, or just sharing your favorites.

Tesla's instructions to develop and load light shows are here:

USB flash drive requirements
  • Must contain a base-level folder called "LightShow" (without quotation marks and case sensitive).
  • The LightShow folder must contain 2 files:"lightshow.fseq"
  • "lightshow.mp3" or "lightshow.wav" (wav is recommended)
  • Must be formatted as exFAT, FAT 32 (for Windows), MS-DOS FAT (for Mac), ext3, or ext4. NTFS is currently not supported.
  • Must not contain a base-level TeslaCam folder.
  • Must not contain any map update or firmware update files

There is also a subreddit:

This is a great site to find lightshows:

And to start, I really like this one:

JWardell

TOO Master Member 👑
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now that our cars can all play custom light shows from a USB drive, a thread would be nice to discuss them!

• Must contain a base-level folder called "LightShow" (without quotation marks and case sensitive).
  • Must be formatted as exFAT, FAT 32 (for Windows), MS-DOS FAT (for Mac), ext3, or ext4. NTFS is currently not supported.

This was moved from another thread that I started, literally at the same time as GDN was posting this...but my thread was intended to discuss our favorite shows, and GDN wants us to zip it :p

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Lets let it evolve. I won't be too harsh, as Trev actually suggests the other site may be the best place to share the show and note it or link to it here. No one knows just yet how many will run afoul of copyright issues on the music. Had it been a true repository they would have been lost in the banter. So lets open it up a bit and see how it goes.

Reactions: garsh and rrollens

Kizzy

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Lets let it evolve. I won't be too harsh, as Trev actually suggests the other site may be the best place to share the show and note it or link to it here. No one knows just yet how many will run afoul of copyright issues on the music. Had it been a true repository they would have been lost in the banter. So lets open it up a bit and see how it goes.
I would suggest creators providing light show files with album/song name or link and folks sourcing their own music files if it doesn’t cause significant sync issues. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Ksb466

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can you only load 1 song on the flash drive at a time? If multiple, how does it know which to play? Lots of cool ones already created.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can you only load 1 song on the flash drive at a time? If multiple, how does it know which to play? Lots of cool ones already created.
Yeah, after showing my youngest the Mario one, he’s got a playlist already picked out, sucks having to go back to my computer to swap out each file.😂

PaulK

Country
Country
Yeah, after showing my youngest the Mario one, he’s got a playlist already picked out, sucks having to go back to my computer to swap out each file.😂

You can get 5 small capacity USB drives for less than $10 on Amazon. One for each song.

Brings back memories of cassette tapes. Remember to check the box if you use Dolby NR!

Reactions: android04 and Kizzy

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You can get 5 small capacity USB drives for less than $10 on Amazon. One for each song.

Brings back memories of cassette tapes. Remember to check the box if you use Dolby NR!

Hopefully they update the lightshow feature to just list out all the sequence files on the USB drive (and it can play the audio file with a matching filename).

Reactions: Ksb466

shenkin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I have tried installing over and over and the only thing that works is the MP3 or WAV on the USB. The LightShow never changes to custom or plays what I have installed. Any Ideas?

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have tried installing over and over and the only thing that works is the MP3 or WAV on the USB. The LightShow never changes to custom or plays what I have installed. Any Ideas?

Do you have other folders on the same drive, like for sentry videos or music?

This has to be the only folder on the drive.

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And did you validate the lightshow with the validate.py script to make sure you didn't exceed the 681 transition limit?

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Could this be modified to handle any MP3/WAV file?

2Kap

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just finished one of the University of Alabama fight song. Whew these things are time consuming, and it’s only a :50 sec song.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone running xlights on a Mac? It will not run on my M1 mackbook air. Craps out after loading the title page.
I was able to get it to load on my M1 MBP, though didn’t do much with it as I found it’d require a lot of work to build out a sequence (and I’m not very creative 😆). Did you get the app from the App Store?

gary in NY

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was able to get it to load on my M1 MBP, though didn’t do much with it as I found it’d require a lot of work to build out a sequence (and I’m not very creative 😆). Did you get the app from the App Store?
Yes, it came from the App Store. Did this last night following instructions from a twitter post. It worked long enough to download some files and change some settings. Also ran a test file. Will not reopen. I may switch over to my pc, but Mac is my go to device.