Tesla Insurance in Canada

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've taken a picture of the model 3 VIN at the Yorkdale Tesla store for everyone to use who wants to find out how much they will be paying in insurance. I'm changing from a 2012 Chevrolet Orlando and its only $9 dollars more.

Thumbs up to that!!

View attachment 7331
Is that $9 “per month” extra? I would assume that is the case.

Umesh khare

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I've taken a picture of the model 3 VIN at the Yorkdale Tesla store for everyone to use who wants to find out how much they will be paying in insurance. I'm changing from a 2012 Chevrolet Orlando and its only $9 dollars more.

Thumbs up to that!!

View attachment 7331
Thanks It Helped me to get estimates from PC insurance company They increased 200 $ more for me per year

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I just confirmed what my insurance will be on my Model 3, using one of the VINs on this thread as the sample VIN.

Same coverage as my 2008 Prius plus four years of depreciation waiver.

Like the Prius, I shall be investing in the winter tire/wheel package (later this summer) as this has an effect on insurance rates.

My yearly premium went from $674/year to $699/year.

Unifund Assurance Company thru Johnson Inc.

Icetray

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hoping once the model 3 gets into the ICBC database we get better rates. All I could get for quotes were for model S and it came back as 2800$ with my top level discount.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just confirmed what my insurance will be on my Model 3, using one of the VINs on this thread as the sample VIN.

Same coverage as my 2008 Prius plus four years of depreciation waiver.

Like the Prius, I shall be investing in the winter tire/wheel package (later this summer) as this has an effect on insurance rates.

My yearly premium went from $674/year to $699/year.

Unifund Assurance Company thru Johnson Inc.
Ontario full coverage, 2m liability, 500 deductible all perils (zero now as it was a declining deductible even though a second car), 5 years depreciation waiver, extra medical non catastrophic/catastrophic. Retired, no commute, 20,000 km. $843/yr basically the same as our ‘14 Escape.

Aviva Traders (not through Tesla). Been with them forever so lots of discounts.

DarrylH

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was able to get 3 high level quotes with No VIN. Sonnet @ $1500/yr. Aviva @ $1450/yr and CAA @ $1341/yr member discount. Hoping to do better with a VIN from my current provider. I pay $1100 currently on 2007 Mini Cooper.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was able to get 3 high level quotes with No VIN. Sonnet @ $1500/yr. Aviva @ $1450/yr and CAA @ $1341/yr member discount. Hoping to do better with a VIN from my current provider. I pay $1100 currently on 2007 Mini Cooper.
Use this VIN fron the Yorkdale car. It’s in the CDN system. Worked for my quote over the phone:

5c9d4a65-0e86-4583-bfd7-1028f44d01aa-jpeg.8040

JohnMon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I called my insurance today (the Personal) using the VIN provided by Miguel Goncalves (thanks Miguel). The 3 is now in the system.

The cost will be about $15 cheaper per year than the VW Golf diesel it's replacing. Unfortunately, the deductible is locked at $1,000, no choice.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The cheapest I've been able to find was RBC Insurance, it seems to be identical coverage to the one recommended by Tesla (through Aviva as well) for significantly cheaper.

Tesla (Aviva) $213/month
RBC Insurance (Aviva) $171/month

S Madgal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sonnet's quoting me $179/month which is expensive. Then again, I live in Brampton, Ontario which has the highest insurance premiums in Canada. Is there someone else from Brampton who's got a better quote? Please let me know. Thank you.

Sandy

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sonnet's quoting me $179/month which is expensive. Then again, I live in Brampton, Ontario which has the highest insurance premiums in Canada. Is there someone else from Brampton who's got a better quote? Please let me know. Thank you.
Along with North Scarborough.....

https://www.kanetix.ca/insuramap