Tesla Insurance for Canadians

• JOIN @TREVP AND SOME T.O.O. CREW FOR THE FIRST EVER ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT AT BASECAMP MIAMI!
    THE LARGEST ELECTRIC VEHICLE EVENT ON THE EAST COAST SATURDAY FEBRUARY 8th!
    Full details and RSVP here

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Vidya

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am wondering what if all Tesla owners in canada, or at least in Ontario to opt for one single insurer who gives discounted rate for Tesla’s. I think considering it’s safety and other factors it should be given lower rates than other vehicles.

If someone in this forum take an initiative to contact a single insurance agency and ask for discount for a bulk of new accounts, then it should be workable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vidya

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am wondering what if all Tesla owners in canada, or at least in Ontario to opt for one single insurer who gives discounted rate for Tesla’s. I think considering it’s safety and other factors it should be given lower rates than other vehicles.

If someone in this forum take an initiative to contact a single insurance agency and ask for discount for a bulk of new accounts, then it should be workable.

At least Trevor can start this

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use Aviva "InsureMyTesla" and it's super affordable - cheaper than my previous car that cost 1/8 as much.
https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/insuremytesla

You have to use the phone number as of when I signed up - imt wasn't available on the website 6 months ago.

The only downside I've heard from colleagues is they had a hell of a time getting aviva to pay out when the nasty happened.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use Aviva "InsureMyTesla" and it's super affordable - cheaper than my previous car that cost 1/8 as much.
https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/insuremytesla

You have to use the phone number as of when I signed up - imt wasn't available on the website 6 months ago.

The only downside I've heard from colleagues is they had a hell of a time getting aviva to pay out when the nasty happened.
I have been with Aviva for years. Got rear ended last June when my 3 was only 9 days old. Had an exceptionally good claim experience from beginning to end. Same thing with a windshield claim on our Escape last fall.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been with Sonnet for about 3 years now. I've found the price to be the cheapest (I pay $80/month and have bought most of the optional coverage they offer, Aviva is 117 for similar). Went thru a claim and it was pretty smooth. The bodyshop was more of a pain then my insurance and best part was due to it being a hit and run I had no deductible.