Tesla increasing Full Self-Driving (FSD) price in the US to $12,000 on January 17 [Update]

Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I feel your pain, best we can do is educate friends, family, and any random person we cross about the fraud that is FSD.
FSD may have been delayed beyond your liking, but there is nothing fraudulent about it. I spent most of this morning riding (not driving) around town running errands. I had one disengagement. FSD is here. Not ready for level 4-5 yet, but getting closer every day...

Reactions: Tombolian

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
FSD may have been delayed beyond your liking, but there is nothing fraudulent about it. I spent most of this morning riding (not driving) around town running errands. I had one disengagement. FSD is here. Not ready for level 4-5 yet, but getting closer every day...
Unless you can make my FSD drive me from LA to NYC TWO+ YEARS AGO, then there has been a fraud committed by Tesla and/or Elon.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

It's NOT here, and no one at Tesla (including Elon himself) will tell you it's here.

And it's delayed beyond what TESLA stated (not "my liking"). And you weren't "riding" around town, because the second you took your hands off the wheel and/or didn't pay attention to the road, you broke the BETA rules. BTW, you contradict yourself when you say "it's here" and then end it with "getting closer every day" 🙄

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Unless you can make my FSD drive me from LA to NYC TWO+ YEARS AGO, then there has been a fraud committed by Tesla and/or Elon.

Some people STILL don't understand that the issue is that Tesla is making (and missing) their own deadlines, all while still holding onto our money.

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Elon said he could get a car to drive from NY to LA. But he never promised that to you or about your car. Tesla's contract with my FSD purchase has not been fraudulent.

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
...you weren't "riding" around town, because the second you took your hands off the wheel and/or didn't pay attention to the road, you broke the BETA rules. BTW, you contradict yourself when you say "it's here" and then end it with "getting closer every day" 🙄
I most certainly was "riding around town." I was sitting in the driver's seat with a hand on the wheel, but I did not instruct the car in any way. It drove me where it was programmed to go without intervention. That is riding.

And what I said was that FSD is here and we are getting closer to Level 4-5 every day.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Elon said he could get a car to drive from NY to LA. But he never promised that to you or about your car. Tesla's contract with my FSD purchase has not been fraudulent.
I mean the name is in the title (FULL SELF DRIVING). My car STILL can't fully self drive. Sure it can get get from A to B if the distance is extremely short, there's practically no other cars on the road, and the street signs/markings are absolutely perfect. All to say, it works about .1% of the time (note the decimal). Don't know about you, but whenever I'm sold a bill of goods, I hope it works a little better than .1% of the time.

Reactions: msjulie

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And he (Elon) stated the car could do it by itself. He's in LA and hos car is in NY. He "summons" his car and it comes to him - completely unattended. THAT is what he said.

How many decades away are we from THAT?? There's more than a few issues: How will the car charge itself??

Reactions: msjulie

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I most certainly was "riding around town." I was sitting in the driver's seat with a hand on the wheel, but I did not instruct the car in any way. It drove me where it was programmed to go without intervention. That is riding.

And what I said was that FSD is here and we are getting closer to Level 4-5 every day.
When you can do that from the passenger seat, then you're "riding".

• Love It!
  • Agree
Reactions: shareef777 and FRC

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am truly glad that you are satisfied with your FSD experience. Others are also satisfied. I and others are not satisfied. Some are dissatisfied, some are unhappy, some are angry, and some are pissed. All levels of satisfaction/dissatisfaction are warranted as an individual choice.

For me, personally, I believe that I was misled by statements made by Tesla and Elon that prompted me to take the FSD leap. I didn't buy FSD at original purchase because I was taught never to buy "a pig in a poke". However, a year or so later, I succumbed to the "pig in a poke" when it was offered at a deep discount (that was a foolish decision I made, please don't tell my Grandfather). I would never have made that decision if Tesla hadn't convinced me that FSD was imminent.

So, I believe that Tesla effed up. I also believe that Tesla believes they effed up but can't admit to it for expensive legal reasons. These legal reasons are also why Tesla can't or won't offer any compensation to those of us who were taken in. They can't admit their mistake or try to make it right because it would cost too much. Perhaps the intent of the FSD purchase price increase is to discourage buyers so that the hole Tesla has dug doesn't get deeper. They can't quit selling it, that could be construed as an admission of fault. So, they make subscription more attractive and purchase less so.

Someday soon there will be a class action suit filed by others (not me, I'm merely miffed). And a bunch of lawyers will make a chunk, and early FSD purchasers will get $200 off their next Tesla.

msjulie

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All they'd have to do is convert purchases to lifetime subscriptions with the caveat that the subscription is tied to the user and not the vehicle, and that the user must have an active assigned vehicle to maintain the lifetime subscription.

I agree that seems more fair.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I am truly glad that you are satisfied with your FSD experience. Others are also satisfied. I and others are not satisfied. Some are dissatisfied, some are unhappy, some are angry, and some are pissed. All levels of satisfaction/dissatisfaction are warranted as an individual choice.

For me, personally, I believe that I was misled by statements made by Tesla and Elon that prompted me to take the FSD leap. I didn't buy FSD at original purchase because I was taught never to buy "a pig in a poke". However, a year or so later, I succumbed to the "pig in a poke" when it was offered at a deep discount (that was a foolish decision I made, please don't tell my Grandfather). I would never have made that decision if Tesla hadn't convinced me that FSD was imminent.

So, I believe that Tesla effed up. I also believe that Tesla believes they effed up but can't admit to it for expensive legal reasons. These legal reasons are also why Tesla can't or won't offer any compensation to those of us who were taken in. They can't admit their mistake or try to make it right because it would cost too much. Perhaps the intent of the FSD purchase price increase is to discourage buyers so that the hole Tesla has dug doesn't get deeper. They can't quit selling it, that could be construed as an admission of fault. So, they make subscription more attractive and purchase less so.

Someday soon there will be a class action suit filed by others (not me, I'm merely miffed). And a bunch of lawyers will make a chunk, and early FSD purchasers will get $200 off their next Tesla.

100% spot on. They know they made a mistake, we know they made a mistake. The question is how to rectify it without turning to the lawyers, because as you so aptly put it, they'll get rich off of everyone else's misery. I'm not a lawyer, but offering buyers the option to convert their purchase to a lifetime subscription sounds like a plausible solution.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I mean the name is in the title (FULL SELF DRIVING). My car STILL can't fully self drive. Sure it can get get from A to B if the distance is extremely short, there's practically no other cars on the road, and the street signs/markings are absolutely perfect. All to say, it works about .1% of the time (note the decimal). Don't know about you, but whenever I'm sold a bill of goods, I hope it works a little better than .1% of the time.

I would say right now FSD is like the early model drones. It was kind of cool to see it fly, but then it would only do so for 15-20 minutes before crashing into a tree. But otherwise it served no purpose.

• Winner
Reactions: FRC

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I love FSD. It works for me very often. So far, it has impressed 100% of the people I've shown it to. Sorry to hear all the negativity here. Have a great day everybody! :)

Reactions: Mr. Spacely

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I love FSD. It works for me very often. So far, it has impressed 100% of the people I've shown it to. Sorry to hear all the negativity here. Have a great day everybody! :)
Tell them to pay $10k and see how impressed they remain 😂

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Perhaps due to the group that I run with, 100% (4 people total) agreed it's worth $10k. Want me to ask them anything else? Maybe you'd be happier in a Toyota or a Ford? There's lots of other options out there.

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Perhaps due to the group that I run with, 100% (4 people total) agreed it's worth $10k. Want me to ask them anything else? Maybe you'd be happier in a Toyota or a Ford? There's lots of other options out there.
Ooh! almost forgot, my brother AND his wife both also agree it's worth $10k, based on the fact that they have it too, and love it as I do. I guess that makes 6 total.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I could have warned you saying something like that is a trap! There are people who don't care about the money, and are willing to pay $10k just to get the text on the info display that shows the car is FSD equipped, and then never use it, and trade in the car in a year.

• Funny
Reactions: shareef777

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I could have warned you saying something like that is a trap! There are people who don't care about the money, and are willing to pay $10k just to get the text on the info display that shows the car is FSD equipped, and then never use it, and trade in the car in a year.
Its for the status, not sure what that status is, but we got status now 😂