Tesla HPWC's on eBay

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're interested, there is a seller on eBay selling Gen 2 HPWCs that are new. He has them priced at $380 plus $30 shipping, but I was able to offer a little bit less and get one for $355 plus shipping. It is currently enroute. Not sure how many he has left, but this unit would be $500 + tax + shipping on the Tesla website...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TESLA-...ash=item25e6724b8c:g:7gEAAOSwO7haC2LL&vxp=mtr

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If these are the 2016 redesigned version, it is just WC, not HPWC.

and where did the seller get these? Tesla doesn't sell to distributors. has anyone requested a serial number to verify with Tesla if these are stolen?

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Honestly, I didn't give theft a second thought. Since you can only buy them from the Tesla website and onesie-twosie from Service Centers, it's not like Target or Walmart where a pallet fell off the back of a truck..But if Tesla did lose some, eBay would be the first place I'd look to see who was selling them in quantity. They'd have that hole plugged in a heartbeat if someone stole some...Given that, I'm not really that concerned about theft. Mine will arrive soon, and I'll report back with more details.

RandyS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmm...Received package yesterday...Came in factory box, still sealed, shipped in a brand new factory shipping box, was sent via FedEx...With a Tesla packing slip from their parts distribution center at 38503 Cherry St in Newark CA that had my shipping address on it...It had a Tesla packing slip number on the form, a Tesla part number and description for the item, and the packing slip and the shipping label had the Tesla parts distribution warehouse phone number on it (per Google search). So....Looks like it came from Tesla... I opened up the wall connector box and it is brand new, never been taken out of the box. It also has a silver faceplate, not black. So it isn't a referral prize....The packing list says it is part number 1050067-01-E, WC, 1 phase, 208-277v, 80A, HW, LNG...

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I had suggested several months ago that Tesla design a HPWC with two plugs so that two cars can be sequentially charged without daisy chaining multiple units. Maybe you're right that new models are coming out soon. Still, I'm so tempted to buy one of these....