HOT Tesla Holiday Software Release 2020.48.26/30 Discussion

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm REALLY getting tired of the messy disaster that the top half of the display screen has become. It has NOT gotten better with time.

Keep the warnings on the left. I like that.

PRND stays where it is, gets bigger

Make speedo larger, stand out, more distinct from the set speed and speed limit, plus autopilot notification.

Make energy display bigger.

Make battery larger and bring back the green

Make the external temp and clock larger.

Make the map larger.

Make the visualization smaller unless you're running FSD.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm REALLY getting tired of the messy disaster that the top half of the display screen has become. It has NOT gotten better with time.

Keep the warnings on the left. I like that.

PRND stays where it is, gets bigger

Make speedo larger, stand out, more distinct from the set speed and speed limit, plus autopilot notification.

Make energy display bigger.

Make battery larger and bring back the green

Make the external temp and clock larger.

Make the map larger.

Make the visualization smaller unless you're running FSD.

Elon listens on twitter.

Let him know.

Chris350

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here's hoping to see a new version release as the current version is based off the last week of November...

That's over 6 weeks ago....

Hoping to see a 2021.02 or .3 release soon...

Reactions: 1 person

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been .

Ineffective feedback loop.

Question: Do you think Elon is constantly hearing the same thing about this update?

Has he heard your feedback from tons of other people?

I know he has as there is no shortage of complaints on twitter.

I really wonder what the full update will look like.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't think so - he (and his staff) gets thousands of tweets per hour, there's no way he's looking at all (or possibly any) of them. There REALLY needs to be a more effective way of providing customer feedback.

Looking at thousands of tweets per hour with the same complaints over and over?

Of course he doesn't sit there reading all of those. How can you read thousands upon thousands of complaints and stay upbeat?

Do you believe that there is a complaint in this forum that he hasn't heard? I believe the feedback loop is working if you think its all been heard.

What would be your suggestion on talking to any CEO? Email? Phone? Survey? What have you found that works with other companies like GM / Toyota / Ford / etc.?

Last edited:

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
What would be your suggestion on talking to any CEO?
I don’t know that any of us actually want to be communicating with Elon about this or other issues. What would be nice, though, is to have an official communication channel with Tesla by which we could submit concerns, problems and ideas.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don’t know that any of us actually want to be communicating with Elon about this or other issues. What would be nice, though, is to have an official communication channel with Tesla by which we could submit concerns, problems and ideas.

I suppose my question was to specific. Allow me to re-phrase.

What would be your suggestion as how to communicate with Tesla?

Which line of communication have you found that works with other companies similar to Tesla?

I only ask because repeated comments in a forum doesn't get anything done / changed. Sure its a way to get folks to agree with you and possibly make you feel better, but it doesn't change anything.
I know my ideas come from my upbringing where I was constantly pounded with the edict to NOT complain to anyone about anything that can't help you get it changed / fixed. My mother would say....save that breath for cooling soup. That was her favorite phrase.

Last edited:

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ll bite.

How about an online customer service/feedback form with common topics as well as the ability to fill in the blank and have the system do a search for similarly phrased concerns so we can see whether the issue has been previously reported and simply add a plus one or, as appropriate, submit a unique concern? Build that system with subscription options so we can be updated when that (or other interesting) issue(s) is(are) addressed.

That could be done through the app (as well) without always having to start a service appointment.

Oh, how about having in-car bug reports also be converted to items in that system (voice to text with matching) with a follow-up e-mail or text to have users confirm intent of the report and check the suggested matches?

The appropriate departments could address and respond, in general terms, to issues. Even if limited to a small percentage of VINs, patterns could be noted and, if possible, resolved in software updates.

As for service appointments, we should have ability to get follow up information on scheduled, completed, or canceled appointments through the app or text (rather than have the text number used by Tesla shut down at their discretion). We should also be able to ask questions of the service department in our local or regional area without having to make an appointment and actually go in (especially during the pandemic).

Tesla is a fast moving tech company so, rather than kill the old-school dealership service department model all-together, they should improve upon it by implementing website and tech company communication tools in order to make contact methods efficient rather than impossible.

Reactions: 3 people

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wrote that before the “I’m out” comment but, as a top contributor, you have to understand most of us post here because there are “influencers” on this board who actually can pass things on to Elon. It’s unfortunate that any of this has to go through the CEO but even more unfortunate that it has to be done through back channels rather than a user feedback system for all end users.

Gordon87

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just received my update notification. I have a 12/2018-build AWD.

I really use the map. I thought this update improved notification of turns and exits off highways with complex lane configurations, which I would appreciate. However, since the reviews of this update have been generally negative — smaller font, smaller speedometer, much smaller space for map & back-up camera, greyed battery — I’m inclined to stick with 2020.48.12.1 for the time being.

Well, I installed the update a few days ago and drove with it for the first time this morning. My initial thoughts:
  • While the map size is reduced, it seems large enough.
  • The speedo seems larger and all the way to the left. Seems better.
  • As to the other speed indications just to the right of the speedo, they didn’t seem to conflict with reading your current speed.
  • I’d rather the charge level battery icon were green, but I assume they made it grey so as not to stand out and thus, avoiding it catching your eye while driving. I can live with that, since others have said it converts to color when the battery level drops way low.
  • The most amazing thing: When driving in the city, I found that it shows my lane and the two lanes to my left (including the dedicated parking or turn lane) and the same on the right. Much better to show more lanes around you. Well done.
A few days after installing this upgrade, I received a notice of another upgrade. When I went to the car, it indicated a games upgrade was available for download.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
While in COVID lock-down, I'm doing a formal "rate of vampire drain" test with version 48.30.

The car was parked with 80% SOC indicated at 1930 GMT on 06 Jan 2021.

I'll check the car at (or around) 1930 GMT on 16 Jan 2021, which will give me an even 10 days.

The car, as usual, sits in my garage unlocked and asleep in an 8C temperature environment.

I have not disturbed the car (via the app, etc) since 06 Jan 2021.

Sidebar question: is one able to choose "British English" (for the accent) when selecting the language that the UI will speak to me with (reading back text messages, navigation instructions, etc) or is there only "English" and the car will default to an English accent based on the region of the world it operates in? Thanks

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Sidebar question: is one able to choose "British English" (for the accent) when selecting the language that the UI will speak to me with (reading back text messages, navigation instructions, etc) or is there only "English" and the car will default to an English accent based on the region of the world it operates in?
In North America, it appears there are only 3 options for how it speaks to you:
FD77F0E6-5520-4208-8921-82529FCE0B16.jpeg

Interestingly there are separate controls with many more options for voice recognition, screen display, and owner’s manual.

Looking forward to more improvements here. Many of my family have non Anglo-Saxon names which the car simply cannot understand no matter how many different ways I have tried to enunciate. I have resorted to renaming them. 🤨

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, I installed the update a few days ago and drove with it for the first time this morning. My initial thoughts:
  • While the map size is reduced, it seems large enough.
  • The speedo seems larger and all the way to the left. Seems better.
  • As to the other speed indications just to the right of the speedo, they didn’t seem to conflict with reading your current speed.
  • I’d rather the charge level battery icon were green, but I assume they made it grey so as not to stand out and thus, avoiding it catching your eye while driving. I can live with that, since others have said it converts to color when the battery level drops way low.
  • The most amazing thing: When driving in the city, I found that it shows my lane and the two lanes to my left (including the dedicated parking or turn lane) and the same on the right. Much better to show more lanes around you. Well done.
A few days after installing this upgrade, I received a notice of another upgrade. When I went to the car, it indicated a games upgrade was available for download.

The speedo is all the way to the left, but it is smaller, by about 25% IIRC. Someone measured it.

FrancoisP

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
With version ".30" (EAP) I've got a lot less phantom brakings. In fact I cannot remember having one in the last couple of months.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.