Tesla Early Access Program (BETA TEAP)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Were you invited to the Early Access Program?

• Yes, and I signed up.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, but I haven't signed up.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From what I have heard they have procedures for changing the computer out, but kept running into an issue purging air from the lines. Which has caused the computers to overheat, which isn’t good.
Interesting. Where'd you hear that?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
From what I have heard they have procedures for changing the computer out, but kept running into an issue purging air from the lines. Which has caused the computers to overheat, which isn’t good.
This ins't good to hear, but with everything being controlled by SW, you would think they could easily add an option for the techs to be able to run that circuit from the super bottle to force the air out.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This ins't good to hear, but with everything being controlled by SW, you would think they could easily add an option for the techs to be able to run that circuit from the super bottle to force the air out.
I’m sure they’ll come up with a solution but it might require a trip to the SC rather than a ranger.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah. Not a good situation for Tesla to be in. Liquid cooling is great until you have to worry about air in the line.
This shouldn't be a huge engineering challenge to solve. They brake lines and battery/motor cooling lines already have liquid in them and I would expect there would be a bleeder or another solution to purge air if you ever need/want to replace the fluids. I've bled brakes and coolant on my ICE cars in the past and its certainly not rocket science. More work for a field tech, sure, but I'm also curious as to whether this becomes a service center only solution.

adam m

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Running the coolant loop to purge the lines should be easy to add the service menu in the software. That or there should be an option to just manually actuate the valves in the Superbottle and enable the pump.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't even get Tesla to replace my air filter. Maybe this time next year they will have stock and the expertise to swap out the computers. I am afraid that we will just get an email instead saying we really don't want it and having the old computer hardware is actually better.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't even get Tesla to replace my air filter. Maybe this time next year they will have stock and the expertise to swap out the computers. I am afraid that we will just get an email instead saying we really don't want it and having the old computer hardware is actually better.
They already used that line so they will need to come up with a different excuse. LOL. But actually they will just delay things. One thing that isn't clear is if it's going to cost them money to upgrade or if they will gain money. They have said they can't take all of the revenue on the FSD until they deliver. That should at least take the edge off upgrading the hardware. But they do need to deliver software as well since the revenue is tied to that. So if you're just running the old software on the new hardware it really doesn't make sense to upgrade people. Based on the performance of freeway autopilot when it was delivered I'm guessing they might deliver the city autopilot with less than optimal performance. It's not clear how much is going to change in the new version versus what we have now either. I don't think there is going to be anything from stopping them from shipping. We know the hardware works so its just a matter of how ambitious they are being and how good they want it before shipping. Perhaps manufacturing of the hardware could affect the timing but probably not. It will happen but is it 3 months or a year or more?

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got a text from my service on Friday with my replacement air filters. I've been waiting for these for a while. Maybe 2 months?

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla is a rapidly growing company which can cause temporary part shortages. And air filters are sourced from third parties while they make their own computer chips...

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think not having the new hardware eliminates us from the early access program, although it might be my attitude. My wife was invited on her new 3 but it's been a year for me and my invite has been lost in the mail.