Tesla Early Access Program (BETA TEAP)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Were you invited to the Early Access Program?

• Yes, and I signed up.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, but I haven't signed up.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madmolecule

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So far the beta items have been very stable and have just been getting the goods early. I wish it was more beta. I would like to see early adopters or more important experienced users of features be rewarded. For example the more successfully experience with autopilot grants longer time between nags, etc. As soon as the new computers go live you can bet development and feature enhancements will fade or die on the 2.5 computers.

I am glad it is only "cool guy points" since the referral program is dead. I love the shill free forums now.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Figured to just ask here, anyone who had purchased FSD and is now supposed to get invite to early access received an invite yet?

Chan B

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Figured to just ask here, anyone who had purchased FSD and is now supposed to get invite to early access received an invite yet?
Nothing.. Here. Then again there hasn't been many Early Releases. Weird that updates are so fragmented or is it just me.

Chris350

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Lately, it has been strange....

We were seeing updates pretty consistently last year.... Haven't seen a wide rollout of anything with thee exception of 50.6.... 5.4 started going wide, but got shutdown...

But, it appears that Tesla is pushing allot of new features out quickly causing issues with the cars...

I am back of the pack with 50.6 which means when I get 7.11, I'll be seeing Sentry/Dog/Geofence Mirrors / 5% Peak Power / Increase miles from 310 to 325 / Faster Charging / Key Fob Summon / Blind Spot Warning / Teslacam side camera recording.... That's allot of software upgrade all in one shot...

The question is, will I jump right to 7.11 or move to 5.4 first or to 5.11 first and have to wait for 7.11 or even a higher release.

vinnie97

Country
Country
I have never been a fan of Early access/beta programs. unless I had a spare Car I would probably avoid it. but that s just me.
early access for me...translates to headaches and Cool guy points. I don't like headaches and I quit being cool a long time ago.
Edit. I was never cool :)
For those of you who do it, have fun, I appreciate you testing it for the rest of us.
I don't want it to be a cool guy, but I am feeling spurned by the extra $3k spent (for nothing) on FSD/EAP last April, and if this is the only consolation prize, I will damn well accept it. I'm still saddled with nearly 2-month old 2018.50.6 at the moment, so the spurning sensation is growing.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
No email yet from Tesla regarding Easy Access Program. I’m also still on 50.6 since end of January, but no regrets. Just hope all glitches are worked out before a more “polished” version is pushed out.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've reached out to customer service without any response so far. Going to keep pushing this with them as that is what was mentioned FSD owners would get. :)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've received a bunch of PMs with the same question, so to calm any others...
Most of us that received early access firmware have not received any further updates for ~30 days, still don't have sentry mode etc.
Hopefully that changes soon after tonight's announcements.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've received a bunch of PMs with the same question, so to calm any others...
Most of us that received early access firmware have not received any further updates for ~30 days, still don't have sentry mode etc.
Hopefully that changes soon after tonight's announcements.
My question is more related for those that had bought FSD before and are now supposed to be invited to Early Access Program. Tesla stated we would be invited to this.

Bit interesting though that certain people currently on early access already do not yet have latest update. One would think they would already be on the next update. Makes one wonder then what the program does. :)

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My question is more related for those that had bought FSD before and are now supposed to be invited to Early Access Program. Tesla stated we would be invited to this.

Bit interesting though that certain people currently on early access already do not yet have latest update. One would think they would already be on the next update. Makes one wonder then what the program does. :)
As far as I know, the program is not to get every update early, it is to test to new features.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As far as I know, the program is not to get every update early, it is to test to new features.
But one would think that those in the program would have received updates to test new features then like Sentry Mode, auto-fold for mirrors based on location, by now potential advanced summon or so.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But one would think that those in the program would have received updates to test new features then like Sentry Mode, auto-fold for mirrors based on location, by now potential advanced summon or so.
Yes.

And those people would also be prohibited from discussing those new features on websites such as this one. ;)

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I've seen a few discuss that misconception but that's not how the early access program works (not that they've made it obvious, but that's the Tesla way).

When you are chosen or sign up for early access, you are put in as bucket.
A small percentage of folks in that early access bucket are (randomly? logically?) picked to test a beta version of firmware and directed to test and give feedback on a particular feature or two.
It is not at all a program that always pushes you latest updates before the masses that I think many of us thought it would be.
Of course, Tesla can and will change how it does things.
Personally I wish they just had a switch in the UI that said "Yay I'll gladly test the latest buggy stuff" or "Only give me well-tested super reliable software"
I guess, in some ways, there are a number of beta features in the UI that you do have to enable indivudually. But of course we all race to turn them on as soon as we can!

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It is nothing to get excited about. Many got invited for free. And many of those have never received an early access build.

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Teslafi will get you thrown out of early access.
I haven't heard of anyone in early access using Teslafi who got the boot. Lots of the cars running BETA firmware repeatedly coming up in Teslafi are employee cars.

Reminds me of Tesla telling people a few years back who were using superchargers for daily charging to stop or else. Nothing happened to them.