Tesla Early Access Program (BETA TEAP)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Were you invited to the Early Access Program?

• Yes, and I signed up.

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Yes, but I haven't signed up.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
No, but I might have begged just a little when I was in for service (B pillar rattle) yesterday.

Didn't seem to help.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had a 45minute software update applied today. Can't get to the car yet to check, but could this be v9 or is there another minor update doing the rounds too? I never had an early adoption invite.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure I had an update a few weeks ago. My app says 36.2, but I haven't physically been to the car since today's update, not sure if it updates versioning in the app over the air?

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Once your car is done updating, your app will show the new version even if you don’t go to your car. If you started the update earlier today, you probably just installed 36.2.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a [very surprising and unexpected!] email invite from Tesla on Oct 2 at 1am, and despite being on vacation was quick to sign up when I got up at 8:50am. I assumed it was because I emailed them about auto wiper stuttering last week and received a response the same morning.
However...this morning my coworker (who just got his model 3 a few weeks ago) also mentioned he got the invite and signed up. So now I'm assuming the invite went out to most people.

Sadly my car was unplugged for six days and probably asleep and not updating, so no updates past 36.2 on 9/21, but we will see.
I really didn't think much of it till I just now read Elon's tweet response to @TrevP that it was expanded by 1000 people.

I find if very hard to believe that both myself and my coworker were randomly selected for such a small group.
I suspect many more were invited, an they really only signed up the first 1000 responses, certainly before me.
But we will see...
So, who else received the invite and when?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a [very surprising and unexpected!] email invite from Tesla on Oct 2 at 1am, and despite being on vacation was quick to sign up when I got up at 8:50am. I assumed it was because I emailed them about auto wiper stuttering last week and received a response the same morning.
However...this morning my coworker (who just got his model 3 a few weeks ago) also mentioned he got the invite and signed up. So now I'm assuming the invite went out to most people.

Sadly my car was unplugged for six days and probably asleep and not updating, so no updates past 36.2 on 9/21, but we will see.
I really didn't think much of it till I just now read Elon's tweet response to @TrevP that it was expanded by 1000 people.

I find if very hard to believe that both myself and my coworker were randomly selected for such a small group.
I suspect many more were invited, an they really only signed up the first 1000 responses, certainly before me.
But we will see...
So, who else received the invite and when?
No invite here and I've done bug reports in the car and via email...

NIGHTHAWK017

Country
Country
I agree with @JWardell. I suspect they sent a few thousand invites and accepted the first 1000 for now.

What I’m curious about. If you are in the early access program, when they start testing FSD features, will they only push that software to people that purchased it? Or will people that paid for EAP be given the test versions of FSD features up until they’re released widespread?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the interest of clarifying the confusion of the early access program, and while I have the slight chance to stay in a grey area for a bit, let me share my experience, which just changed today...

I received an invitation back on Oct 2 along with many many others. I was on vacation and only had my cell screen and saw the email when I woke up at 6am so just clicked the button to accept without even noticing the fine print. I've mentioned this before.
Since then I had no other communication, and wondered like many others what update path my car was on. If any, I felt like I was on the late access program, often getting the same updates as everyone else but later...at one point I went two months without an update!
That all changed last night when I got an email from the early access program, with details on the software update version and release notes. A few hours later, a new update was ready to install.
I haven't installed it yet as my wife has the car today.
I removed my car from TeslaFi firmware update reporting and I will withhold my comments in the forum about software versions, at least until they go widely public. You may know me well enough to know that is tough! But they (probably) finally gave me something, and it's up to me to give back. I'll say there's nothing in there we haven't all known about for a while. Hopefully these comments are fair to all, but I hated not knowing what was going on and I know many others who signed up agree. You will get a clear email when it is your turn.
With the smattering of different versions on TeslaFi in the past week and this, it seems that Tesla is finally now starting to make use of this program, and hopefully we all benefit with the expanded testing from Tesla nerds to polish things a bit more before they go out to everyone.