Country

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla is offering to deliver cars to buyers called Tesla Direct. It's on a first come first serve basis. Seems like they are trying to alleviate congestion at delivery centers this week/weekend as Tesla is pushing for a record deliveries week during the last week of September.

https://electrek.co/2018/09/22/tesla-direct-door-to-door-service-model-3-delivery-rush-week/
I still don’t see how it’s more efficient to take the car somewhere unless they’re just bursting at the seams at some of these delivery centers (which may easily be the case).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still don’t see how it’s more efficient to take the car somewhere unless they’re just bursting at the seams at some of these delivery centers (which may easily be the case).
Not only taking it somewhere else, but where does the person delivering the car come from? If they deliver one on the road, couldn't they likely deliver 3 or 4 in the same amount of time at a delivery center? I guess this assumes that home delivery does not use a Tesla knowledgable person or employee, rather it is just a truck driver unloading the car and getting a signature and driving away.

As far as bursting at the seams, it is reported that Dallas is now doing close to 100 deliveries a day, I can assure you that would be bursting at the seams for that location.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had very poor experience with Tesla Direct last week.
Could you elaborate just a little on this? From what I've seen and read direct delivery or home delivery is truly nothing more than an truck driver with no Tesla knowledge unloading the car for you and getting a signature, then drives away.

HappyDad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could you elaborate just a little on this? From what I've seen and read direct delivery or home delivery is truly nothing more than an truck driver with no Tesla knowledge unloading the car for you and getting a signature, then drives away.
Home delivery experience was very poor and extremely rushed. If I had to do it again, I would opt for service center. If only Home Delivery option is available to you, then one tip is to do the paperwork LAST (i.e. that's the carrot, they can't close the deal without your signature) and do inspection first. Delivery person got me to have the paperwork done first (mistake on my part being a novice) before inspecting car. During inspection, I did not get good info or answers, turns out delivery person only started with Tesla 3 months ago. Worse is when delivery person kept asking "anything else? my Uber is here" which is upmost annoying to say the least. Also be sure to take photos of any signed paperwork, especially delivery declaration page with any hand written list of issues found during delivery. Don't believe them when they said all signed docs will be scanned and uploaded to your account. My online docs had none of actual signed docs, only e-copies without signatures (i.e. not scanned of what I signed), and a blank delivery declaration page.

3Model3s

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Home delivery experience was very poor and extremely rushed. If I had to do it again, I would opt for service center. If only Home Delivery option is available to you, then one tip is to do the paperwork LAST (i.e. that's the carrot, they can't close the deal without your signature) and do inspection first. Delivery person got me to have the paperwork done first (mistake on my part being a novice) before inspecting car. During inspection, I did not get good info or answers, turns out delivery person only started with Tesla 3 months ago. Worse is when delivery person kept asking "anything else? my Uber is here" which is upmost annoying to say the least. Also be sure to take photos of any signed paperwork, especially delivery declaration page with any hand written list of issues found during delivery. Don't believe them when they said all signed docs will be scanned and uploaded to your account. My online docs had none of actual signed docs, only e-copies without signatures (i.e. not scanned of what I signed), and a blank delivery declaration page.
This is almost identical to my 'home delivery' experience; including the Uber comment. I had to contact Tesla to get the signed docs.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for the clarification, so you actually had a Tesla person drive the car to your house and leave it. I'd expect some feedback and paper work as well, as opposed to a random truck driver, who unloads your car off of his truck and just drives away.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My experience was with an engineer volunteering to deliver cars, so this person was not a normal delivery worker. As someone with more knowledge about the car than most Tesla sales and delivery staff, I really only needed the body to get the car to me.

It was an opt in experience and I'm glad I did it. It was nice to avoid the crowds and frenzied atmosphere of the delivery center, though I did leave the delivery without my car officially delivered (doesn't show in my Tesla account, and can't connect with my app yet).

Also, with the car not prepped (it had just finished production when I was offered the option?), I'm able to have an unboxing experience. Also, not being able to get the non-leather steering wheel ahead of time, I appreciated that it was still wrapped in plastic.

I'm pleased with it. It would have been nice if I could track the car to know when it was going to arrive, though (á la pizza delivery).