Tesla Delivery Estimator vs Configuration Invitation

Once you're able to configure a Model 3, what was your First Production date range?

• Total voters

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Could that possibly be May, 2016 instead of May, 2017? We live in the same place and if correct, I ordered 13 months before you for the same projected delivery dates...
Nope, it’s 2017. Kicking myself for not reserving sooner and hoping Tesla’s estimates are close.

2aa954ab-34c4-4772-b427-7e11eb8193c6-jpeg.4730

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way for me to see *who* voted.
So... this poll might end up failing. :(
@garsh , you wrote it in plain English - which I trust most (if not all!!) here understand... ;) - ‘The idea here is that you should only select a poll option once the Model 3 configurator is available to you.’

Hopefully, most (if not all... ;)) respondents got that. :cool:

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could that possibly be May, 2016 instead of May, 2017? We live in the same place and if correct, I ordered 13 months before you for the same projected delivery dates...
I reserved in July 2017 and am in California. I have the same April-June 2018 delivery date range.

My ponderings:
I think most folks reserved pretty early on so there's relatively fewer people reserving over the last 18 months. This, combined with Tesla producing vehicles more quickly at later dates could mean that folks who reserved after the first few days of April would simply fit into the entire production time period for April - June deliveries.

Do we have May - July first production estimates? What about June - August?

Runt8

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Are you a current owner?

By the way, folks, a reminder that @TrevP included dedicated fields in the personal profile for this purpose. ;)
Nope, not a current owner.

Wow! My estimate for First Production is Mar-May 2018. We both show Mid 2018 for Standard Battery. I'm surprised at the time disparity...
My theory is that I got in just before a large number of reservations leading up to the delivery event. When I reserved the Tesla website was still promising “early to mid 2018 delivery” (if I remember correctly). Shortly after the website was updated to say “2018”.

kendthomp

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m just glad we both might have our cars by the end of the year. My son reserved his one week before I did. He shows the same delivery date as we do.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got this off of the Model 3 invites spreadsheet.
These numbers include all reported invites - those configuring, deferring, and taking delivery.

All invites delivery estimator​
Oct-Dec
75 -----53.96%
Nov-Jan
58-----41.73%
Dec-Feb
5-----3.60%
Jan-Mar
1-----0.72%
Feb-Apr
0-----0.00%
Mar-May
0-----0.00%
Apr-Jun
0-----0.00%
May-Jul
0-----0.00%

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All I still see is "Late 2018" on all 3 estimator options...
Tesla just called after I emailed them about my reservation saying "late 2018". They informed me that there is a team that goes through the reservations and updates them after they get through each batch of invites. It was vague but I'm guessing after they get through the day one CA owners we will see some updates.

jman

When ALL the California and close by owners get their vehicles I will be very interested to see the production rate/how the vehicles will be delivered...I am a current Model S owner, put reservation down first moment I could standing in line, live in Mass...optimistically looking at May at earliest I figure...will hold out for AWD if coming out soon after that !!!!
Still wondering what us standing in line will get as that "surprise" from Elon.....some free supercharging coupons sounds great to me !!!