Tesla Delivery Estimator vs Configuration Invitation

Once you're able to configure a Model 3, what was your First Production date range?

• Total voters

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The idea here is that you should only select a poll option once the Model 3 configurator is available to you. I don't actually care if you receive an email telling you that you're able to configure - if you check your MyTesla page every 5 minutes and discover that it has become available to you, then that counts. :)

For the choices, I'm only interested in the date range for First Production. Even if you decide to wait for one of the future choices (standard battery or AWD), please select the appropriate First Production range. That's right, I'm not interested in when you actually decide to order your Model 3 - I'm just interested in when Tesla opens up the configurator for you.

This is just another way of trying to view the production ramp-up. When we start seeing people getting invited to configure who have the same First Production date range as we do, then we can (hopefully) expect our turn to arrive shortly.

If the poll is missing your actual date range, please reply to this thread, and I'll add it (I think I can update a poll after posting - we'll see). Don't just pick something else, I'll happily add your particular date range. Just remember - I'm only interested in the First Production date range.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Am passing, for now... :D

On a more serious note, has anyone in the US seen a delivery estimate between Nov. ‘18 and Feb. ‘19?? Even for AWD? :confused:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All I still see is "Late 2018" on all 3 estimator options...
I'm going to assume that this will be updated to a 3-month window at some point in the future. But if not, I'll be sure to add that as an option to the poll once you're allowed to configure. :)

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to clarify, @garsh -- should respondents select their date range was as of today (January 2nd, 2018) when they are invited to configure, or whatever their date range may be at the moment they are invited? For example, let's say Tesla recalculates everyone's estimated delivery dates in a couple of weeks, and the net effect is to bump everyone's date range up one month, so my "Dec - Feb" would become "Jan - Mar". Which range would I select if I received my configuration email a week after that happened? Dec - Feb?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to clarify, @garsh -- should respondents select their date range was as of today (January 2nd, 2018) ..., or whatever their date range may be at the moment they are invited?
The latter. Or at least, your best recollection of what it was. The results of this poll are going to be most useful/interesting to the remaining people who have not yet been invited to configure, so it's most useful for them to compare their current (updated) window to the poll results.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Aug - Oct 18 for AWD. Waited in line overnight, second in/first out of store in MN.
Interesting... do we start to see a pattern here...? In other words someone who reserved less than a month after the reveal has as late of an estimated window as someone who reserved one year later?
Whilst an early reservation on or about 3/31 could definitively get his/her Model 3 AWD by Q4 of this year...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To whoever voted for "Jan 2018 - Mar 2018" - did you actually configure a Model 3?