Tesla connectors poll. What would you prefer?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

If Tesla was to offer better USB connections on their cars, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Connectivity is crucial in this modern day and many people are struggling with Model 3 with wanting wireless charging, dashcam storage etc..

If you could have a voice with Tesla, what would you prefer to see in their cars?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
HDMI! When FSD becomes a reality, I want to connect my firestick and stream stuff! ;)

I'll pick style A simply because that seems to be what I have a bunch of. Honestly though, I charge my phone at home or at work and never use the ports.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’d actually prefer the USB3.0 with A style connector...not one of the options listed. I chose the option of 3 USB C connectors, but it is the A style that I want most.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'd be happy with 3x USB-C ports assuming that Tesla would change the phone-charging cables included with the car to match. My only concern would be the continuing popularity of USB-A for flash drives and laptop computers, which would require folks with these devices to buy an adapter (or dual-connector drive) in order to plug the drive into both places.

BTW, I think the first choice has a typo... should be "2x USB C + microSD"

MarkB

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
USB-C is probably be the most capable and future proof.

USB-A is popular now, but i don’t doubt that, eventually, all my USB-A things will be relegated to the same places where all my (free!) AOL and Compuserve floppies ended up, and where my 5.25” disks ended up before that.

I just think that in the near future, USB-C will be “it”, and all the other choices are available with a USB-C plug/adapter..