Tesla co-pilot program for new owners

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unfortunately Tesla delivery people are not generally owners or properly trained in all of the pertinent details about these fantastic cars and that the delivery process can be a bit rushed. So I’m starting a “co-pilot” program to teach new Tesla Model S/X/3 owners the ins and outs of using their cars, charging and auto-pilot use.

We will cover things like:

Charging (on the road, ling distance travel, Supercharging, charging apps, at home, at work, what levels are, what percentage etc)​
How to control various functions of the car and the software​
How to properly use autopilot​
How to request and deal with Tesla service​
How to properly care for the car (washing, maintenance etc)​
As a new owner you will become an ambassador for the brand so I will also show you how to explain the car and dispel myths about electric cars to friends and family.​

It’s free (donations gladly accepted) and available anywhere in the Greater Toronto area. I can travel to you if you live outside the area, we can discuss that.

As an experienced owner I will visit you at your home and spend 1-4 hours with you going over any and all details about the car and answer any questions you might have.

Just message me with your details and we can make it happen!

Welcome to the Tesla family and Tesla Owners Online!

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great idea Trevor. More of us should be doing the same in our respective cities. And of course, keep on educating ICE owners about the incredible benefits of EV vehicles. See you at the next meet.

BritChef

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Unfortunately Tesla delivery people are not generally owners or properly trained in all of the pertinent details about these fantastic cars and that the delivery process can be a bit rushed. So I’m starting a “co-pilot” program to teach new Tesla Model S/X/3 owners the ins and outs of using their cars, charging and auto-pilot use.

Charging (on the road, ling distance travel, Supercharging, charging apps, at home, at work, what levels are, what percentage etc)​
As a new owner you will become an ambassador for the brand so I will also show you how to explain the car and dispel myths about electric cars to friends and family.​

It’s free (donations gladly accepted) and available anywhere in the Greater Toronto area. I can travel to you if you live outside the area, we can discuss that.

As an experienced owner I will visit you at your home and spend 1-4 hours with you going over any and all details about the car and answer any questions you might have.

Brand new and getting my m3 Sunday, driven a couple over the last year but know zero really, not sure how to navigate this site either.. also need a referral for supercharging, please help

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice Trevor. Well done!
I would be cautious to try this in the States. Too litigious here. Someone will want to blame the volunteer for bad advice. Someone misuses autopilot, crashes and they will blame the teacher. Not everyone of course but more likely in USA.

I spent a few years in Canada near Toronto and miss the kindness of the people there.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Brand new and getting my m3 Sunday, driven a couple over the last year but know zero really, not sure how to navigate this site either.. also need a referral for supercharging, please help
I imagine you’re going to get inundated with referral codes. I always recommend using a code of a family member, friend, or someone’s that’s helped you out in your journey to Tesla ownership. If you still need one, there will be plenty that offer so that you get the free 1000 miles, and so do they. And I think currently the referrer gets entered in a drawing to win a Model Y.
In any case, I think you can ask all the questions you might have here on the forum and get lots of informative answers. I’ve tagged a few awesome members here to call in reinforcements! I think we can get something cooking for you. If all else fails, I could work out a FaceTime or Skype call where we cover everything you want (if that isn’t too awkward for us, lol!)

Also, welcome to the forum, and a huge congrats on your Tesla purchase! Exciting times!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just so you know you can’t add a referral code to get the 1000 miles of free Supercharging. Tesla used to be able to add it before you took delivery if you forgot but not any more. They’re very strict about that due to some misuse of the system.

Winemaker01

TOO Supporting Member

Excellent Trev, is there a link to see the stuff?

BritChef

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Thanks for the welcoming response, I told them at Tesla I had a referral before I put a deposit down so they are expecting to get it i just don’t have any yet (message me if you like with a ref.) I’m sure they wouldn’t want to lose a sale over something so petty?

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I’d like to jump on this bandwagon and offer my services in/around my area as @TrevP has so generously done in his area. I think it’s a great idea!