Tesla charged my account for a second model 3 order

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so i placed an order last Monday the 27th for a model 3! That Friday I went in to schedule an Awd test drive since that’s the model I ordered. Funny thing, latter that day a second model 3 got added to my account. I was traveling all weekend, but soon found out my credit card was charged ANOTHER $2500.

I went into the store and they were happy to see me, explaining they caught the issue but couldn’t figure out who’s account the car was charged to. So I went through the refund process and the email says 30-60 days until I get a refund.

Obviously this is out of the question, this was their fault and I am not willing to either A - accrue interest on this fee, or B - pay it off and then be reimbursed up to 2 months after the fact. I called my credit card company and they put the purchase on hold so it will not accrue interest until the matter is resolved.

One thing that nobody explained to me, how in the world could a 60K car purchase be placed on my account with my credit card without any of my input. That is unecceptable and ridiculous.

HappyDad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing that nobody explained to me, how in the world could a 60K car purchase be placed on my account with my credit card without any of my input. That is unecceptable and ridiculous.
Cyberhacks, and you probably have your credit card on your Tesla account like many of us. So once your Tesla account is hacked (assuming that's one possibility), it doesn't matter if it's a $6 or $60k or $600k car, they have your plastic do to all that Tesla website allows them to do, including putting in another reservation. Did you get the confirmation email for the fraudulent 2nd order? Definitely one security flaw I see on tesla.com is that a user's login session stays forever if you leave browser open, unlike many other website that times out after 10-20 minutes of no activity. Folks at tesla.com should plug that hole.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nah. This sounds like one of the sales reps at his local Tesla Store placed an order under the wrong account.
I went into the store and they were happy to see me, explaining they caught the issue but couldn’t figure out who’s account the car was charged to.

Caulin

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At first, I called Tesla and they were worried someone got into my account and that I should change my password. After that, I went into the store just to see if they knew what had happened. When the manager came out he immediately said it was a mistake made on their part.

Overall im not upset, its just I would think they could issue a refund in a matter of days instead of months. Im also very glad the manager took the blame instead of avoiding responsibility.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At first, I called Tesla and they were worried someone got into my account and that I should change my password. After that, I went into the store just to see if they knew what had happened. When the manager came out he immediately said it was a mistake made on their part.

Overall im not upset, its just I would think they could issue a refund in a matter of days instead of months. Im also very glad the manager took the blame instead of avoiding responsibility.
Same thing happened to me. I went in for a test drive of P3D (I have the AWD on ordered) and my sale guy was showing me the configuration .... he accidentally click on Confirm on my account thinking that it's a two steps process. He was wrong and apologized profusely.

I was also seriously thinking about buying the Performance so I told him it was ok. Next day, I called and canceled the order after coming to my senses. Two days later, my credit card account received the credit.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I placed an extra reservation a while back that I ended up not needing and the $1,000 was refunded to me very quickly. I suspect you’ll get it back within a few days. I do agree 30-60 days is not acceptable.