Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Tesla blocking two charging stations

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  StromTrooperM3 
#1 ·
Is there someplace to report this? They should be charged two idling fees at minimum for entire time plugged in. Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Car Snow Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
#15 ·
I wonder if the model S may be parked this way more out of ignorance than malice. I have seen many cars at superchargers where the driver really didn't know what to do. Or another ignorance possibility is that they thought they would keep anyone from using the paired supercharger next to them and keep a higher charge rate to themselves. That's not how it works. If you are the first one at the paired SC, the second car only takes the kW you are not using. So as your kW ramps down, theirs will ramp up.

Really? What is it that you've experienced?

#8 ·
It could be that they suck at backing up and the backup camera was covered in dirt from the snow slush.
They should still do better.

#12 ·
None of them do while charging. Not even the 3.

#16 ·
I hate seeing that. I also hate seeing people park at superchargers and not charge. I also hate seeing people like trash all over the place expecting someone else to come pick it up.

Sometimes you just have to scratch your head and wonder what someone was thinking.

Reactions: MarkB and FRC
#22 ·
I looked up that Vancouver Island Supercharger - there is a Starbucks right next to it. That leads me to believe they parked there badly because "I'm only running in for a minute." Which also happens to be the #1 reason for cars getting ticketed or towed in cities, for people rudely double parking, etc.

There's no context for the first photo, but I'm inclined to believe similar reasoning is behind it.

Most of the time when someone does something irritating like that, it's not actually because they think they're more important than anyone else. It's because they've convinced themselves that they're not really inconveniencing anyone else. And if someone pops up claiming to be inconvenienced? They believe that person thinks they're more important than anyone else and can't wait "just a few minutes". So they quite possibly won't be the least bit embarrassed, and will react with anger if confronted.

Reactions: FRC
#23 ·
I "agreed" with your post, and I do. Doesn't alter the fact that you have to be a self-centered, arrogant, selfish, POS to behave in this way.

And, believe it or not, I HATE to HATE people I've never met.

#25 ·
I see no reason for charging spots to be in premium locations. Whether Tesla or others. Why should we take up spots where others want to park when shopping is our secondary intent and their primary? The worst I've seen is the supercharger in Sioux Falls. Tesla chose to use(if they had a choice) the parking spots, in a huge lot, that are closest to the pharmacy entrance. People were waiting in line to ICE these SCing spots. Just so short sighted. Not fair to pharmacy shoppers, and not fair to those in need of supercharging.

#27 ·
Is there someplace to report this? They should be charged two idling fees at minimum for entire time plugged in. View attachment 30702 View attachment 30703 View attachment 30704
Actually they are blocking THREE spots here.

However it is important to note that in many of these cases, they were towed to the supercharger because of dead battery, and they can only be dropped in this orientation by the tow truck. In that case they should only need a few minutes of charging before it can then be moved and properly positioned.
After ~10 minutes, especially with that nice slick snowy pavement, I might consider connecting a tow strap and pulling them straight...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.