Tesla blocking two charging stations

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes we do expect and deserve better. In the case of your picture, I assume that the SCer is fairly empty and this car is protecting against some other idiot parking next to him. A very poor excuse for inexcusable behavior. I'm not sure how we discourage this kind of behavior, but we need to figure it out. It's bad enough when not Tesla owners behave this way; when we do it to ourselves it's indefensable. Does this person say to himself " I am a piece of ****. I know it, you know it, and I don't care enough about you or myself to change it."

I can only hope you see this Tesla owner...YOU ARE A DISGRACE.
I can see part of this being true - but he can't even reach a SC plug from that middle position.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I looked up that Vancouver Island Supercharger - there is a Starbucks right next to it. That leads me to believe they parked there badly because "I'm only running in for a minute." Which also happens to be the #1 reason for cars getting ticketed or towed in cities, for people rudely double parking, etc.

There's no context for the first photo, but I'm inclined to believe similar reasoning is behind it.

Most of the time when someone does something irritating like that, it's not actually because they think they're more important than anyone else. It's because they've convinced themselves that they're not really inconveniencing anyone else. And if someone pops up claiming to be inconvenienced? They believe that person thinks they're more important than anyone else and can't wait "just a few minutes". So they quite possibly won't be the least bit embarrassed, and will react with anger if confronted.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I looked up that Vancouver Island Supercharger - there is a Starbucks right next to it. That leads me to believe they parked there badly because "I'm only running in for a minute." Which also happens to be the #1 reason for cars getting ticketed or towed in cities, for people rudely double parking, etc.

There's no context for the first photo, but I'm inclined to believe similar reasoning is behind it.

Most of the time when someone does something irritating like that, it's not actually because they think they're more important than anyone else. It's because they've convinced themselves that they're not really inconveniencing anyone else. And if someone pops up claiming to be inconvenienced? They believe that person thinks they're more important than anyone else and can't wait "just a few minutes". So they quite possibly won't be the least bit embarrassed, and will react with anger if confronted.
I "agreed" with your post, and I do. Doesn't alter the fact that you have to be a self-centered, arrogant, selfish, POS to behave in this way.

And, believe it or not, I HATE to HATE people I've never met.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I "agreed" with your post, and I do. Doesn't alter the fact that you have to be a self-centered, arrogant, selfish, POS to behave in this way.
I didn't say they're not, just to be careful with how you confront them.

The ones I hate worse are people who buy plug-in hybrids exclusively to get access to EV parking. They never plug in at home, or anywhere else, except to get that close parking space. This is why I'd actually prefer places start installing EV chargers toward the middle or rear of the parking lot instead, so they're no longer tempting to people who don't need to charge.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see no reason for charging spots to be in premium locations. Whether Tesla or others. Why should we take up spots where others want to park when shopping is our secondary intent and their primary? The worst I've seen is the supercharger in Sioux Falls. Tesla chose to use(if they had a choice) the parking spots, in a huge lot, that are closest to the pharmacy entrance. People were waiting in line to ICE these SCing spots. Just so short sighted. Not fair to pharmacy shoppers, and not fair to those in need of supercharging.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes we do expect and deserve better. In the case of your picture, I assume that the SCer is fairly empty and this car is protecting against some other idiot parking next to him. A very poor excuse for inexcusable behavior. I'm not sure how we discourage this kind of behavior, but we need to figure it out. It's bad enough when not Tesla owners behave this way; when we do it to ourselves it's indefensable. Does this person say to himself " I am a piece of ****. I know it, you know it, and I don't care enough about you or myself to change it."

I can only hope you see this, Tesla owner...YOU ARE A DISGRACE.
the car wasn't charging in that pix (besides, the cord wouldn't have reached)

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is there someplace to report this? They should be charged two idling fees at minimum for entire time plugged in. View attachment 30702 View attachment 30703 View attachment 30704
Actually they are blocking THREE spots here.

However it is important to note that in many of these cases, they were towed to the supercharger because of dead battery, and they can only be dropped in this orientation by the tow truck. In that case they should only need a few minutes of charging before it can then be moved and properly positioned.
After ~10 minutes, especially with that nice slick snowy pavement, I might consider connecting a tow strap and pulling them straight...