Tesla app - maintenance time

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My app STILL won't connect. I don't get an error, just Updated on Sept 1 with a never-ending spinner. Don't want to delete or log out as others have had issues with that. Teslafi still works fine so this is an issue on the app backend not the data network

@SoFlaModel3 had luck with logging out and back in.
Strangely, this just popped up for me yesterday, with the spinner stuck on September 2. I never had any issues using the car since last week (used it every day) and I know I used the app because on Saturday, I used it to open the doors from inside the house so the kids could get inside.

I had to log out and log back in as others have suggested. Bizarre that it would "backdate" itself like that.

Feathermerchant

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't understand why people were not able to DRIVE their cars when the Tesla servers were down. I thought your phone's Bluetooth connection to the security module in the car is what enables access to the car and driving. Do we also rely on Tesla servers to gain lock/unlock/drive access to our cars via our phones?

I'm NOT referring to using the Tesla app to interact with the car.
Yes I always carry a key card.

Flashgj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The majority of people who could not drive their cars during the outage did not realize the servers where down, so when the Tesla app was not working they tried logging out and logging back in. Once logged out they could no longer log back in because the servers where down. Those of us that did not mess with the app where still able to use the phone as a key and unlock, and drive the car.

If the app is ever acting up, do not log out unless you have a back up (key card).

SimonMatthews

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't understand why people were not able to DRIVE their cars when the Tesla servers were down. I thought your phone's Bluetooth connection to the security module in the car is what enables access to the car and driving. Do we also rely on Tesla servers to gain lock/unlock/drive access to our cars via our phones?

I'm NOT referring to using the Tesla app to interact with the car.
Yes I always carry a key card.
I logged out because my phone was not working as a key. Fortunately, I always carry a key card, so it was a minor inconvenience.

I observed that the Tesla app on my wife's phone auto-logged out. I think that Tesla's servers caused this.

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm - anyone having issue now? I was having trouble adjusting my charging limit on my app. I had not logged out and back in for months. Given directive some folks got to do so post the event described above, I decided to give it a shot to clear things up.

Now my app won’t connect to the car. Getting ‘Vehicle connection error’

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm - anyone having issue now? I was having trouble adjusting my charging limit on my app. I had not logged out and back in for months. Given directive some folks got to do so post the event described above, I decided to give it a shot to clear things up.

Now my app won’t connect to the car. Getting ‘Vehicle connection error’
It sounds like your car is either in deep sleep or otherwise not available via cellular connection. Have you tried verifying that the car is awake?

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Kizzy - I was getting ready to transition to that mode myself. Just checked the car and you are correct! Woke it up at the door handle and it has connected. Good to know for the future.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Kizzy - I was getting ready to transition to that mode myself. Just checked the car and you are correct! Woke it up at the door handle and it has connected. Good to know for the future.
Great. If your car supports phone as key and you’re within range of the car, you can unlock it via Bluetooth and it may reconnect.