Tesla app - maintenance time

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

SimonMatthews

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My phone stopped working as a key, so I deleted all app data.

Then, I logged back in, but app reported that it was not set up as a key. I had other stuff to do, so I didn't work on this immediately.

Now, whenever I try to log in the app, I get "Signin failed. You have no products linked to your account" (or something very similar to this). I know the password is correct, because I saved it on the last successful login and it works on my desktop with a browser. I also noticed (in the desktop browser) that the car's name has been lost -- it's back to a default name, although on the car's own screen the name remains as the custom name that we assigned.

Obviously, we can use the cards to open and start the car, but WTF is going on and has anyone else seen something similar?

Nom

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed yesterday that my app wasn’t fully connecting to my M3. Eventually there was a note saying maintenance was being done. No biggie. Got in my car and drove.

Now seeing a headline that people were locked out of their car — app wouldn’t open it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...stranded-app-down-for-maintenance-2019-9/amp/

I could open it and I could drive it. Others?

Plus, I keep a key card with my credit cards as a just in case. I guess others don’t.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed yesterday that my app wasn’t fully connecting to my M3. Eventually there was a note saying maintenance was being done. No biggie. Got in my car and drove.

Now seeing a headline that people were locked out of their car — app wouldn’t open it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...stranded-app-down-for-maintenance-2019-9/amp/

I could open it and I could drive it. Others?

Plus, I keep a key card with my credit cards as a just in case. I guess others don’t.
a couple people posted their app losing contact with their car yesterday (merged threads) - that is why you should keep the card on you as a backup.
And Business Insider is known for being quick to point out any slightest flaw with Tesla and sensationalizing it, so take their write-ups with that in mind.

Flashgj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I believe that those that couldn’t unlock and drive their cars during the server problems, logged out of the Tesla app in hopes that this would solve the problem with remotely checking on their cars. Of course this just removed the ability to use the phone as a key until the ability to log back in was restored.

A good lesson for all of us, if you are having problems with the app, DO NOT log out in an effort to solve the problem unless you have a key card for a back up, or are in a situation where you don’t need your car for awhile, just in case logging back in is not possible for what ever the reason may be.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Given half the time it said "unknown error" and the other half said "server maintenance"...I'm guessing a ddos attack...

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I believe that those that couldn’t unlock and drive their cars during the server problems, logged out of the Tesla app in hopes that this would solve the problem with remotely checking on their cars. Of course this just removed the ability to use the phone as a key until the ability to log back in was restored.

A good lesson for all of us, if you are having problems with the app, DO NOT log out in an effort to solve the problem unless you have a key card for a back up, or are in a situation where you don’t need your car for awhile, just in case logging back in is not possible for what ever the reason may be.
I agree with your recommendation.
However, FYI, my first indication something was wrong was a pop up on my app saying “my car name” (VIN) is no longer in your TESLA account. You have been signed out.” The sign out action was not mine. Luckily, I am home and do not need access to my car, and (always) have my key card available—except when I don’t. :rolleyes:

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was at the store when this happened and although I was disappointed I couldn't cool down my car, it drove just fine.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My app STILL won't connect. I don't get an error, just Updated on Sept 1 with a never-ending spinner. Don't want to delete or log out as others have had issues with that. Teslafi still works fine so this is an issue on the app backend not the data network

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My app STILL won't connect. I don't get an error, just Updated on Sept 1 with a never-ending spinner. Don't want to delete or log out as others have had issues with that. Teslafi still works fine so this is an issue on the app backend not the data network
My app did the same thing for hours. Want to know what rectified the problem?

I charged my car and checked it during the 8 hours charging. No bueno. When it finished charging, the app was back to normal.

Makes no sense but maybe you can try charging it and set it to get the charging complete message.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3 had luck with logging out and back in.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AFTER the servers came back up, I had to log out and back into the app to regain access to the app functions. The "danger" with logging out as previously mentioned was when the servers were down and you couldn't log back in to use the phone-key function. But the servers are back up now.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We both just had to log out of and back in to the app. Neither of us could connect to either car. So far all is good, no issues getting back in.

Had a bright shiny loot box after logging back in, but nothing new there.