Tesla App Cannot Connect to Vehicle: "Unknown Error" or "Temporary Maintenance"

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone currently having issues with updating Tesla Status. My app keeps saying unknown error

I am getting the same error right now, though sometimes it says "Temporary Maintenance". The problem is that the servers that the Tesla app talks to are having some temporary issues... Give it a few minutes and try again.

Details for geeks: the API gateway is currently returning HTTP 502 (Bad Gateway), HTTP 503 (Service Unavailable), or HTTP 504 (Service Timeout).

UPDATE: Gateway is back up, but now my vehicle now has a new vehicle_id...??? o_O

Last edited:

ymilord

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ditto. I was attempting to open the fruck of my car for my wife and I get the same error. I had to go out to the car and manually do it like an animal.

Love

President - Tesla Owners Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same, came here looking to see if others were having the same problem. My car has vanished from my account online too. Wanted to go look at the FSD option and only my wife’s car is there!!

Last edited:

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same, came here looking to see if others were having the same problem. My car has vanished from my account online too. Wanted to go look at the FSD option and only my wife’s car is there!!

If you still see only your Model S, sign out of the app and sign back in. For some reason, after the gateway came back up, my vehicle ID had changed and the app couldn't find it anymore, so it signed me out automatically. Upon signing back in, my car was there again.

Love

President - Tesla Owners Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If you still see only your Model S, sign out of the app and sign back in. For some reason, after the gateway came back up, my vehicle ID had changed and the app couldn't find it anymore, so it signed me out automatically. Upon signing back in, my car was there again.
She’s back! Thank you sir!

Reactions: 1 person

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same app "Unknown Error" problem on both our iPhones. It's been over two hours now, so not a "give it a few minutes" issue.

Huh, I didn't realize it had been going on for that long... in that case, I'm surprised we only saw one complaint.

Are you still not able to connect?

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
still out for me

Just went out again for me too. HTTP 503, Service Unavailable.

UPDATE: Back up, but slow to respond, and requests still sometimes fail.

Last edited:

joelliot

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
...had the issue. finally got a car removed from account error and logged out. Had to make several attempts to log in. ...now seems to be okay, at least for me.

...so at least in my case, the issue lasted maybe 15 or 20 minutes or various types of errors before it kicked me and and cleared.

ymilord

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So after a couple of hours, my car gained its sanity and the app can control it. But then I got 4 push notifications from the app saying '<car name> has added your device as a key'.