Tesla 3 months behind to 5k/week and 1 month delivery estimate slip

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP tweeted first at with full details in the Q3 17 Update letter at: http://ir.tesla.com/events.cfm

Let’s see what they say on the call in a few, but my thought is you take your window and add 3 months.

That means my November - January is now February - April :(

swampgator

Country
Country
You are falling for the human trap of linear extrapolation. You may be right, but they could also solve bottlenecks and quickly rocket up the s curve even steeper than planned and the delay may only be a few weeks.
This really is the hard part of Tesla getting up to a volume automaker.
I am OK waiting even 6 months longer as this car is going to be a true paradigm shift in personal transportation.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You are falling for the human trap of linear extrapolation. You may be right, but they could also solve bottlenecks and quickly rocket up the s curve even steeper than planned and the delay may only be a few weeks.
I am OK waiting even 6 months longer as this car is going to be a true paradigm shift in personal transportation.
You are right, but it’s more or less the best we have to go with and plans for “worst case”.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'm going to continue to be not. But, I'll say it probably won't be just some chronological addition of three months.

Maybe Elon is so annoyed with the administration that he just wants to screw the gov.'t and get say an extra 150K cars (200K threshold plus another 100K) and buyers to get the full 7500 federal tax credit.

rjhoskins

Country
Country
Everyone has their own personal opinion/story/objectives. My personal scenario is this--I will have a Tesla by the end of 2018. If it's a 3 (my preference), then that's awesome. If not, it will be a S (don't need the size, therefore, 2nd choice). My current car (Macan Turbo) warranty expires January 2019, I refuse to own it without a warranty lol--plus after 4 years I want a change and EV is where I want to go.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To look on the brighter side, an exact 3 month delay means November = August, and August was only supposed to be 100 cars, so if we hit 100 in November we're ahead.
Well I wouldn’t go that far. They’re increasing production daily, so realistically it’s not a 3 month delay for everyone in every situation. I just think for planning purposes drop your window by 3 months and be pleasantly surprised if it comes early.

smak

Country
Country
Well I wouldn’t go that far. They’re increasing production daily, so realistically it’s not a 3 month delay for everyone in every situation. I just think for planning purposes drop your window by 3 months and be pleasantly surprised if it comes early.
I was mostly kidding, but it is kind of true :) But we probably won't know until right after the New Year where they are.

Since it's bumped a quarter, I guess we're still hoping for them to have made over 1,500, and realistically on schedule should be 1,750+

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check your email everyone...

Delivery Estimator to be updated within 24 hours.

ba555e0e-d1a2-4e73-be2d-67f2fe31ec50-jpeg.3933

tonymil

Country
Country
Just got this email:

Thank you again for your Model 3 reservation. We’re making significant progress clearing early production bottlenecks but, as we continue to work through them, your estimated delivery timing will now be slightly later than we originally expected. Over the next 24 hours, you can log into your Tesla Account at any time to view your updated delivery window.

Thank you for your patience and, more importantly, for believing in a sustainable energy future. We’re working hard to make it happen.

You can find more information on your reservation, your delivery timing, and get a first look at the latest Model 3 vehicles coming off the line here.

More Amps

Country
Country
I just received an email advising the model 3 delivery estimate will be changing over the next 24 hours. Honestly, I was expecting it.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got it as well - many many other did as well it seems - Tesla.com is having trouble loading the account log in page. Must be getting hit hard.

slasher016

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd guess it'll get updated sometime after the start of the workday tomorrow on the west coast. Maybe around noon or so EDT it'll be updated. Guess we know what we'll all be doing at work tomorrow...

mservice

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well got an my email from Tesla; nope it’s not that configuration email, it’s a dear John email.. it’s that my deliver will be “slightly” later then they expected. of course they don’t say how long. But, say I can check in the next 24 hours. damn should of put myself in more debt and got an MS if they are running up to three months behind I could be looking at April thru May rather than my January through March. We will see in the next 24 hours or until the next email telling me that it will be “slightly” longer...........