Tesla’s announced, but unreleased, products

iChris93

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla released the Gen3 Wall Connector and said that software would be added in the future to add additional capabilities to take advantage of the wifi connection it had. But I haven't heard about any additional features being released yet.
I’ve added V3 Wall Connector software.

Reactions: garsh

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
ATV
cybertruck trailer
nag screens, that once the data was gathered would go away or the time we get much longer.
Advanced Summon
Deep Rain
waypoints
Boombox Retrofit For Older 3’s
Auto Parking
cloud profiles
USB Music with Album Art
download button
In vehicle browser that is usable
The car would be anything close to an investment and not just an outdated computer in five years.
plaid - Do you have to make at least 30 to call it released?

Anything that is listed as beta should definitely be on the unreleased list.

At least they made it very clear during the AI event that FSD will not be released this year. I’ve been saying it from the start, we can only hope for they half baked car wash mode.

I think there should be also a list of amazing bonus features that tesla provided to us that we did not pay for.

cat Quest

You forgot the leaf blower

DocScott

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think there should be also a list of amazing bonus features that tesla provided to us that we did not pay for.

Like? I know we brag about how our cars are constantly updated, but personally toy box/entertainment has been launched exactly zero times this year in both my Tesla’s. They’re cool gimmicks but don’t really provide any benefit considering a cheap iPad covers all that with a better experience.
Sentry mode, dashcam, camp mode, modest acceleration boost for some models, one-pedal driving, reading speed limit signs (HW 3), improved efficiency in shoulder seasons, preconditioning when navigating to Superchargers...

If you bought in, say, 2018, then you've gotten a lot of valuable bonus features that weren't originally promised when we bought the car. That's been less true for those who bought in the last year or so, though.

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sentry mode, dashcam, camp mode, modest acceleration boost for some models, one-pedal driving, reading speed limit signs (HW 3), improved efficiency in shoulder seasons, preconditioning when navigating to Superchargers...

If you bought in, say, 2018, then you've gotten a lot of valuable bonus features that weren't originally promised when we bought the car. That's been less true for those who bought in the last year or so, though.

I bought in early 2019, the only update I’ve received that I enjoy/use is one-pedal driving. Still don’t use toy box/entertainment. And most other things you listed are still barely functional. Sentry/dash mode has been out for a couple years and I STILL have USB corruption issues. Also have issues with reading speed limit signs and haven’t received any “efficiency“ improvements. I’m sure some people will find the updates cool/useful, but I don’t see “value” being added in the monetary sense.

CLK350

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
One of the rarer times that Tesla delays are excusable. The entire auto industry is absolutely being decimated right now with the chip shortage and other supply chain issues. Can't imagine how messed up it is to have to create batteries in the quantities Tesla needs.

Though I'm also somewhat inclined to believe that the CT delay is due to the fact that these guys are having a hard time trying to break the laws of physics with that beast. I'm still in awe of the performance/range specs of that monster, and more importantly the price that they're asking for such a machine.
Tesla is battery constrained, so there is no point in starting production of either the Semi or the Cybertruck - they would have to reduce production of S/X/3 or Y cars - clearly doesn't make sense financially- and we know Tesla is keen on being profitable (to help with the mission and defend against the FUD)

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have stated before,Tesla is the Debeers of batteries. There may be a battery shortage, but somehow they have made 1 million vehicles, since 2019 when the semi was supposed to be released. Also don’t push the shorter range versions, and push the high profit long range versions stuffed with vaporware for high profit. The also could have released an expandable short-long range pack, so you could expand with fresh batteries when the become available. Not enough batteries to build the fart powered roadsters for the shills, haha

There may be a chip shortage, but I am on my second chip, and still no FSD in site

my 2021 predictions were pretty good

no FSD
no gigaberlin
tesla and bitcoin
if trimotor makes any since how can quad motor not be better
elon would cry about paying taxes, when the headline should be, he made more money in one year than any human in history. reinvests it instead of helping the needy like Cuba! acts like he doesn’t care about money

Elon is what drives the fantasy, uncertainty and doubt, or there version of marketing.

also the windshield wipers, still suck and the HMI looks like it was developed the same time as sonic headehog. at first I was excited to see color and 3d icons back, but the situational awareness is dreadful. Finally using cameras, you know, vision for blind spot detection is a big improvement, however the biggest benefit is that it helps remind me when I have left the turn signal on, because the indicator Or sound does not get my attentio. I guess it is to much for the AI to know it should be turned off.

Last edited:

CLK350

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Elon paid his taxes, actually more than he could have done, had he used the same loopholes all other wealthy individuals use; to make a point, and because he truly only sees money as a means to an end: helping Tesla and SpaceX's missions. As far as helping Cuba or helping end world hunger he did throw out the gauntlet to the UN or whatever agency that he'd be happy to fund it IF the process were transparent. Lame answer from the UN... a plan to stop hunger for ONE YEAR. Yeah ...

So disheartening as we do have the resources to make everyone healthy on earth - the will/ goodwill simply isn't there. I don't begrudge Elon for not tackling these issues, way too intractable, besides he DID push out by another 5+ years the looming catastrophe aka global warming that all profiteers are happily and suicidally ignoring. How? well, by forcing all ICE car makers to commit to EV's and that is no mean feat.

Reactions: CoastalLarry

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes Elon made more profit in one year than any human in history, he also paid the most taxes, but that is how income works. He did only have to pay capital gains taxes which amuck lower than the standard rate.

“He truly only sees money as a means to an end: helping Tesla and Space x missions” huh
He is not giving the money away, he is investing the money. Maybe saving the planet through investment, but he fully believes he will get a return on his investment.

What I am speaking of is helping out humanity, not just mother earth, and not Mars. I do believe EV‘s are the natural evolution with her without Elon. I will give him credit for moving it up in time, but it also took plenty of investors like myself to believe in his altruistic endeavors.

As far as Cuba goes, I don’t see it as pure charity. I see it as a proving ground for his technologies since it is a blank slate, also I see it as a way to create a quantum shift in that country. They are very intelligent people and Elon can make that difference. It might be even an investment, possibly the greatest investment ever.

Elon, stop crying about taxes and electrify Cuba
Also hire more humans, as there is not a human shortage like chips, since the dojo AI appears to be neither ( it especially sucks at testing software)

$ Trillion Musk

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Some more items to add to the list:
  1. Tesla home/tiny house
  2. Home HVAC/air filtration/air purification
  3. 100% renewable supercharging
  4. In dash camera functions
  5. Coast-to-coast FSD demo
  6. FSD Convoy Mode
  7. Remote control mode
  8. The machine that builds the machine
  9. Tesla Van
  10. Tesla VTOL
  11. Roadster + cold thrusters
  12. Cybertruck Pressurized Edition
  13. Cybertruck solar tonneau cover
  14. Cybertruck solar wings
  15. Bulletproof/shatter proof Tesla glass
  16. Electromagnetic windshield wipers
  17. Laser windshield wipers
  18. Paper dashboard
  19. Air compressor
  20. V2G (vehicle to grid) electric power
  21. Vehicle solar roof
  22. Charging snake
  23. 48V wiring system
  24. Boring machine faster than Gary the snail (do Boring Company & SpaceX count?)
  25. Battery swap (cancelled)
  26. Waypoints - just kidding!
  27. Model E :D

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
game changer miracle wiring harness

Wiring revolution

capability to feed power in a power wall, micro grid configuration. only been announced for cybertruc, but if Eon really cares about the planet, this could be a easily engineered. (Wish list for multiple charging ports)