Tesla’s announced, but unreleased, products

iChris93

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla released the Gen3 Wall Connector and said that software would be added in the future to add additional capabilities to take advantage of the wifi connection it had. But I haven't heard about any additional features being released yet.
I’ve added V3 Wall Connector software.

Reactions: garsh

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
ATV
cybertruck trailer
nag screens, that once the data was gathered would go away or the time we get much longer.
Advanced Summon
Deep Rain
waypoints
Boombox Retrofit For Older 3’s
Auto Parking
cloud profiles
USB Music with Album Art
download button
In vehicle browser that is usable
The car would be anything close to an investment and not just an outdated computer in five years.
plaid - Do you have to make at least 30 to call it released?

Anything that is listed as beta should definitely be on the unreleased list.

At least they made it very clear during the AI event that FSD will not be released this year. I’ve been saying it from the start, we can only hope for they half baked car wash mode.

I think there should be also a list of amazing bonus features that tesla provided to us that we did not pay for.

cat Quest

You forgot the leaf blower

DocScott

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think there should be also a list of amazing bonus features that tesla provided to us that we did not pay for.

Like? I know we brag about how our cars are constantly updated, but personally toy box/entertainment has been launched exactly zero times this year in both my Tesla’s. They’re cool gimmicks but don’t really provide any benefit considering a cheap iPad covers all that with a better experience.
Sentry mode, dashcam, camp mode, modest acceleration boost for some models, one-pedal driving, reading speed limit signs (HW 3), improved efficiency in shoulder seasons, preconditioning when navigating to Superchargers...

If you bought in, say, 2018, then you've gotten a lot of valuable bonus features that weren't originally promised when we bought the car. That's been less true for those who bought in the last year or so, though.

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sentry mode, dashcam, camp mode, modest acceleration boost for some models, one-pedal driving, reading speed limit signs (HW 3), improved efficiency in shoulder seasons, preconditioning when navigating to Superchargers...

If you bought in, say, 2018, then you've gotten a lot of valuable bonus features that weren't originally promised when we bought the car. That's been less true for those who bought in the last year or so, though.

I bought in early 2019, the only update I’ve received that I enjoy/use is one-pedal driving. Still don’t use toy box/entertainment. And most other things you listed are still barely functional. Sentry/dash mode has been out for a couple years and I STILL have USB corruption issues. Also have issues with reading speed limit signs and haven’t received any “efficiency“ improvements. I’m sure some people will find the updates cool/useful, but I don’t see “value” being added in the monetary sense.

Reactions: Madmolecule