Template for ICEhole pamphlet?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Before I re-invent the wheel, does anyone have a pamphlet they print out to put on ICE vehicles that are parked at EV charging spots? If so could you send it to me in PDF format or something so I can print a few?

Prefer polite and persuasive. I could make one, but I'm lazy. ;)

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check this out. Two different ones for ICEers (J1772 connector graphic, but most ICEers don't know anyway) and another for EV owners who aren't considerate to others needing to charge.

Maybe this gives you some ideas?

And yes, I like these being informative instead of snarky or rude.

http://ev-rules.com/

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought the kit from EVANNEX which also includes the charging hang tag.

Side note, put this person I saw last night on your print out :(

bbbd35ae-1d06-4a65-a224-f7ed677870d0-jpeg.13980

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
li
Check this out. Two different ones for ICEers (J1772 connector graphic, but most ICEers don't know anyway) and another for EV owners who aren't considerate to others needing to charge.

Maybe this gives you some ideas?

And yes, I like these being informative instead of snarky or rude.

http://ev-rules.com/

I like that one ok, but mentioning the J-1772 plug may just confuse people. I was thinking of something with a little graphic of an EV charging that reads something to the effect of:
"Hello, you might not have noticed but your vehicle is currently parked at a charging station for electric vehicles. Because you are parked here someone else is unable to charge their vehicle. This is much like parking at a gas pump. In the future please don't park here unless you have a vehicle to charge.

Thanks!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm an angry redhead and don't really have a lot of sympathy or understanding for someone ICEing a charging spot, but I also know human nature and know that people won't respond well to an angry message unless there is some leverage to go with it (citing, towing). I'm pretty slammed cramming for a job interview at the moment, but I probably will make a pamphlet of my own later this week.

Doug

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
li

I like that one ok, but mentioning the J-1772 plug may just confuse people. I was thinking of something with a little graphic of an EV charging that reads something to the effect of:
"Hello, you might not have noticed but your vehicle is currently parked at a charging station for electric vehicles. Because you are parked here someone else is unable to charge their vehicle. This is much like parking at a gas pump. In the future please don't park here unless you have a vehicle to charge.

Thanks!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm an angry redhead and don't really have a lot of sympathy or understanding for someone ICEing a charging spot, but I also know human nature and know that people won't respond well to an angry message unless there is some leverage to go with it (citing, towing). I'm pretty slammed cramming for a job interview at the moment, but I probably will make a pamphlet of my own later this week.

Doug
I like the "This is much like parking at a gas pump" part.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know this is an old thread but I figure I'd share what I created for myself. See attached.

The text used for this courtesy notice door hanger template was not originally mine. I made some grammatical edits and removed the branding from EV Annex’s kit at:

https://evannex.com/products/charging-hang-tag-courtesy-notice-package#tab-1

The EV Annex kit has 6 courtesy notice for $13. That’s more than $1 per courtesy notice. I get that they need to make money but I figure I could print out my own for much cheaper. I created this as a Word document (vs InDesign or PDF) to give others the opportunity to update it with their own respective information as each state has different rules about ICE’ing and EV spot usage. I live in CA so that’s the Vehicle Code reference listed in the template but you can update it with your own state’s info. You can see the rules in your state at Plug In Sites:

https://pluginsites.org/plug-in-vehicle-parking-legislation-reference/

The reason I wanted to do a door hanger was to give myself the option to leave it on someone’s windshield or leaving it hanging on the driver side door handle. Since you’re spending money on buying either heavier card stock or pre-punched door hangers anyway, might as well go with the latter, right? This template was designed to fit the hole exactly for:

500 White Door Hanger Card Stock, 4-1/4" x 11", 2 Per Card, 250 Sheets Per Carton

This courtesy notice isn’t perfect as everything along the edges isn’t aligned perfectly but most printers don’t do full bleed printing like EV Annex’s kit does. That’s why I put the white gutter in between the door hangers as well so that the nonprintable area is even all the way around the edges of the courtesy notice and any misalignment along the edges will get eaten up by the nonprintable area anyway. You can adjust the gutter to match your printer’s printable area.
You can print on both sides. If you print on both sides, you’ll have both messages on opposite sides of each door hanger and when you use it, you just place the appropriate message facing out on the offending vehicle. I will likely use this sparingly. I haven’t had to use this yet but I figure it’d be useful to print a few out and have some handy. Most people are good about moving their car after they’re done charging (not hours) and Los Angeles also doesn’t mark many of their curb-located charging stations as EV parking only, so I can’t fault ICE vehicle drives for blocking such spaces. It’s the city/state’s fault for not legislating the curb to be marked.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Courtesy Notice Door Hanger Template by Alan K. Chan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Attachments

Last edited: