Temp Tag Expired (Arizona) - still waiting for my plates...

Nik

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my M3 about 45 days ago and have been waiting patiently for my actual (cloud) license plate. I went to the MVD (DMV) last week and after waiting through the line, found out that Tesla hadn't even requested my permanent plate. I went to the Tesla Tempe service center yesterday to pickup my wife's new M3 AWD and was promised a new temp tag would be emailed to me... Today my temp tag expired and another call to Tesla - knock on wood I'll get a new tag in my email in box by COB today. Sounds like they're a bit overworked with the aggressive production/delivery ramp up...
UPDATE - Tesla is sending me a new temp tag via FedEx - should have it tomorrow.

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update - Tesla sent the actual plates to me via FedEx just in time!
I've heard similar stories in TX, the state said plates hadn't even been applied for, but then they arrive in just a day or two. You think they truly had never applied for them and they made it happen in 6 days with a weekend in there, or are the states and their computer systems just that far behind? They surely would have had the application on 10/1 when you inquired.

rjhoskins

Country
Country
Yeah here in NC we get a 30 day temp tag, then the permanent plate comes in the mail. After 45 days, i finally called Tesla Raleigh and asked them where my permanent plate was.....no real excuse other than it's been crazy (which we all know). 2 days later they sent it via FedEx. Growing pains for sure.