Question Tear in coating/paint

natejara

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a Model 3 with full ceramic coating over the whole body. Ceramic Pro Gold Coating was done about 9 months ago.
Has anyone seen this before? Seems like a tear in the coating/paint?? It’s on the passenger side rocker panel.

Also having trouble removing tar from the rockers with normal washing? Is it ok to use bug and tar remover? I’m afraid I could be rubbing too hard.

Thanks!

Attachments

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like the powdery primer layer was scratched at that point, and no one noticed before paint was applied. That should be a warranty repair issue.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If this were the case, it would have been noticed when the ceramic coating was applied.
It's about as far from eye level as you can get, so it depends on the detailer working on it being extra vigilant.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a Model 3 with full ceramic coating over the whole body. Ceramic Pro Gold Coating was done about 9 months ago.
Has anyone seen this before? Seems like a tear in the coating/paint?? It’s on the passenger side rocker panel.

Also having trouble removing tar from the rockers with normal washing? Is it ok to use bug and tar remover? I’m afraid I could be rubbing too hard.

Thanks!
It looks like a defect in the factory rubberized stoneguard thats applied on the lower rockers prior to painting. As mentioned above it appears the defect was there prior to paint. The ceramic would have been applied on top of this.