Team Knoxville and East Tennessee Model 3 Owners

Teslunatic

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Wow, the Model 3 has definitely arrived! I've seen 4 new Model 3's just today. I've been around to the local shops getting estimates on Paint Protection Film and Window Tinting.

• SoCal Details: Spoke with an employee Jack about their services. The owner was out of town due to a death in the family. They do 3M PPF and widow tint. I'll update cost when I speak with the owner.
  • Parkside Detail and Accessories: Spoke with Scott. The will do a 3M partial front end for $798. Window tint is $198-$398.
  • Knox Details: Spoke with Tim the owner. He uses Expel Ultimate Plus and a partial front is $800 including mirrors, luggage strip and console. Window tint is $300. There was a White Model 3 Performance getting a front end wrap while I was there. Sweet!
  • As Clean as it Gets Detailing in Lenoir City: Spoke with the owner. He uses Expel and Suntek. Bumper only is $459. Front end and headlights are $979. $99 for mirrors.

If you see a blue flash pass you with a driver grinning from ear to ear that will be me. Wave hello. In the
meantime how about checking in here and let's get to know one another. If you know of any other shops, please post them.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great idea for making this thread Teslunatic! Funny, outside the EV event on Saturday, Ive not seen a single Tesla let alone a Model 3. That white P3D was at the EV event.

Well that blue flash might be me....or Matt!!!

Im going with Knox details. However my car was scratched during delivery and now they need a week to disassemble the entire passenger rear quarter and repaint. Im so sad.

Teslunatic

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
After speaking with Tim, the owner of Knox Details, I went with them. Very happy with their service. I ended up getting partial front PPF and ceramic window tint. They still need to finish my windshield. Tim said they've been having some difficulty getting the tint on the front glass this past week due to the humidity and rain. These folks are top notch.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After speaking with Tim, the owner of Knox Details, I went with them. Very happy with their service. I ended up getting partial front PPF and ceramic window tint. They still need to finish my windshield. Tim said they've been having some difficulty getting the tint on the front glass this past week due to the humidity and rain. These folks are top notch.
Awesome news. I just got my car back today. The repair was done perfectly. It is nice to know there is a Tesla approved body shop. They were professional, caring, and responsive. When it came to making the final approval and getting the computer reset after they took the door off, they called in our local Tesla ranger to do so, even though they could have done it.

Ill be heading into see Tim soon. Im planning to get front wrap and Cquartz on the whole body. Im curious about the windshield...what are you doing? Did you tint the sides?

Cheers, Chris

Teslunatic

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Awesome news. I just got my car back today. The repair was done perfectly. It is nice to know there is a Tesla approved body shop. They were professional, caring, and responsive. When it came to making the final approval and getting the computer reset after they took the door off, they called in our local Tesla ranger to do so, even though they could have done it.

Ill be heading into see Tim soon. Im planning to get front wrap and Cquartz on the whole body. Im curious about the windshield...what are you doing? Did you tint the sides?

Cheers, Chris
I’m got 55% Ceramic on the sides and I’ll get 70% on the windshield

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Red December LEMuR here. Just found this thread after searching for bluetooth issue resolution. Sub'd and watching for future events/meetups.

Also, anyone done a tire rotation in Knoxville? I bought my own jack pads but haven't had to use them yet.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Red December LEMuR here. Just found this thread after searching for bluetooth issue resolution. Sub'd and watching for future events/meetups.

Also, anyone done a tire rotation in Knoxville? I bought my own jack pads but haven't had to use them yet.
Hi @Bobert Hepker ! Weve been a bit quiet recently, but wow, Im seeing Model3's almost every day now around town. Im glad you bumped this. I think its time for a meet up for sure! I have not had a rotation done yet (6500 mi), but interested in getting more info. I think Costco said they would, but Im not sure.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@Bobert Hepker @Headwind - European Auto Garage on Lovell is your friend when it comes to tire mounting/balancing/rotation. They are familiar with Teslas and comfortable with them. Good choice going with Knox Details. They do great work and have done several vehicles for me including a Model 3P and Model S. Other good resources:

Knoxville Tesla Owners on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/524852597911854/
Tesla TN owners - https://teslatn.com OR https://www.facebook.com/groups/471449453019848/
There is a group on TMC, but it really doesn't get much traffic/use.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey East TN Model 3 owners!!

Any interest in getting together for a meet up this Spring? Ive been seeing a lot of us around these days, thinking it might be cool to get together.

post here or drop me a message

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Bobert Hepker @Headwind - European Auto Garage on Lovell is your friend when it comes to tire mounting/balancing/rotation. They are familiar with Teslas and comfortable with them. Good choice going with Knox Details. They do great work and have done several vehicles for me including a Model 3P and Model S. Other good resources:

Knoxville Tesla Owners on FB - https://www.facebook.com/groups/524852597911854/
Tesla TN owners - https://teslatn.com OR https://www.facebook.com/groups/471449453019848/
There is a group on TMC, but it really doesn't get much traffic/use.
@Mayhem Thanks for the tip for European Auto Garage. Just got back from having my tires rotated. They were super nice, economical, fast. Much appreciated.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Teslunatic @Mayhem @Neutrons @Bobert Hepker

I have a note about new tires in Knoxville. Today I had an in-depth conversation with Austin in the tire center at Costco about putting new tires on a Tesla Model 3. The first thing he confirmed is that the Knoxville Costco definitely is capable of and repeatedly has put new tires on plenty of S and Xs in town. He looked up the Model 3 OEM Michelin's and they can get them no problem (with foam), but as we know, they aint cheap, probably $1200 for a full set installed with TPMS. He recommended waiting for Michelin sale times, which happen regularly.

Chris