TBEERNOT and TeslaTasks

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
Hi all,

No idea how to start such a somewhat silly sunday morning post, introducing yourself, but I've always wanted to explain where my nick originates from. So why not :-D My real name is Tom Eugelink, or actually Tom Bernard Evert Eugelink (yes we can have two or even more middle names in Europe) after both my male grand parents. Taking the first letters from those names results in TBEE... Which kinda sounds like "to be", and what makes more sense in such a case than to add something that sounds like "or not"... To be or not; tbeernot.

Ahm. Yeah. And onwards.

I'm a software engineer / architect in the Netherlands and a pleased owner of a 2018 model S 75D. I had my share of frustration with the car, on which I've written a number of blog posts at tbeernot.wordpress.com, but as a whole I'm pretty happy with it. Both as a driver and as a geek, curious how the FSD will work out. Unfortunately, the Dutch legislation is more strict, so FSD is much more restricted here, but we'll see where it will go. Luckily one of the other frustations with my car I was able to fix myself; namely being to easily schedule defrosting / preconditioning the car. I depend very strongly on my calendar, since I would forget my bum if it were not attached to my body, so everything I do is in there. And it seemed like a logical place to administer that part of my life as well, related to the activities where defrosting would come in handy. This resulted in me writing TeslaTasks; which connects my Google calendar to my Tesla, instructing it to do all kinds of things; from defrosting, to turning on sentry mode at night. All while I'm snuggly in bed.:D