Taptes USB Hub

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Per taptes:

Hi Shareef,

Good day.
We are proceeding with your order now, please wait patiently.
Do please do take care of yourself and be healthy.

Any question, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day,

Considering the pandemic, I’d cut them a lot of slack.

Spiffywerks

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am having a problem with the internal port not working. Is it something I can fix rather than send off for a new one? Like adjusting depth of the USB port...

JimmT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am having a problem with the internal port not working. Is it something I can fix rather than send off for a new one? Like adjusting depth of the USB port...
I have not been able to get the internal port to work on a consistent basis. No amount of futzing with it has made it work on a regular basis. I've been using the external A port for data and that seems to be fine. Taptes has said they're sending me a new unit.

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got a shipping notice. I ordered on 1/17. I never emailed them since I knew what was going on. Looks like they’ll eventually deliver as expected. Hope it’s in good order.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So that email I got was 2 weeks ago and no shipment or communications since. While I understand the pandemic will have an impact, they could at least respond to emails for status updates. I wouldn’t recommend anyone order anything tell things settle down.

RD88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered one on Jan 22nd. It shipped on March 16th.
Once you receive a notification email and the status shows as fulfilled in your order history you should be able to see a tracking link.
In the UK the parcels are delivered by Royal Mail or Parcel Force and the YunTrack site shows a local country delivery tracking reference.
Mine arrived at the UK airport at the weekend but hasn't been passed to/collected by Royal Mail yet.

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine is still on the way, but it went through US customs the other day according to yuntrack so it should get here soon.

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand the frustration. I DID get a response to my email as to status since it did not ship on 3/17 as originally estimated. The explanation was what you would expect under the current conditions but they said they were catching up and my order from 3/11 should ship this week.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I understand the frustration. I DID get a response to my email as to status since it did not ship on 3/17 as originally estimated. The explanation was what you would expect under the current conditions but they said they were catching up and my order from 3/11 should ship this week.
Wouldn’t hold my breath. My order is from 2/13, and still nothing.

Edit: want to add that I also got an email on the 11th that my order was going out and got crickets instead of the order since.

Last edited:

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got an email update last night:

The factory delivered to hubs to us, but the hubs could not pass our quality checking, we had to return them to factory. I fully understand your feelings, and I do feel sorry with you guys.
And we are working on a backlog of orders, because we had a long holiday (over 1 month) due to the coronavirus, but our warehouse works overtime and even have no weekend rest in order to ship the orders out ASAP. We will ship your order out this weekend.
We are so sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused to you.
Any questions, please feel free to let me know.
And please take care of yourself and stay healthy, hope everything can back to normal ASAP.

Seeing other comments about ports being bad or not fitting properly this seems to indicate an issue with the product, and current world events aren't helping any business at the moment. It's going to be a long while before the world returns to normalcy, so I don't expect these to get shipped out for a couple months (if ever considering the number of small businesses that will likely go under because of the current economic situation).

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It works perfectly so far. I didn’t have to reinsert it multiple times to get a connection. It went right in. The wireless charging pad I have charges on both sides, and the internal port seems to be working with an SSD as well. The standard size SSD doesn’t fit with the adapter I have , but I was already looking at the roadie anyway.

RD88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine seems to be working fine.
I used the cable that was included, rather than the cable that came with my SSD drive.

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wouldn’t hold my breath. My order is from 2/13, and still nothing.

Edit: want to add that I also got an email on the 11th that my order was going out and got crickets instead of the order since.
Wow. They are all over the place. After nearly turning blue holding my breath I JUST received a shipping notification today. I guess one slipped through the QC checks. Lol

NOT holding my breath this time. :)

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Placed my order 3/3 and last Friday (3/27) got noticed that it shipped. Checked tracking number and it shows last mile => FedEx; However, the tracking number is too long for FedEx. Not sure when I’ll see it. Hoping by next week.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received a shipping notification on the 27th that included a Chinese tracking number (17track.net). That site provides a USPS tracking number. That tracking number says USPS is awaiting the package in Jamaica, NY. Today USPS says they received it in Los Angeles, CA. All that to say, I have no clue what's going on.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got mine dropped off today. So far seems to be working perfectly. Plugged in the two wireless charging pads into the two USB-A power ports and they both work. Tested the internal USB-A port for dash cam and that works. Also tested the data/power USB-A port with a USB drive loaded with music and that works as well. Only thing I haven't tested is the external USB-C port.