Taptes USB Hub

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

JimmT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve wanted the Jeda USB hub but the price is too high for what it is. Then I saw that Taptes has their USB hub for only $24.99 with free shipping. Ordered on Thursday and they shipped it out on Friday. I’ll post a review as soon as it arrives. Besides the much lower price, I like that it has 3 USB-A ports instead of only 2 like the Jeda hub. I don’t have any USB-C devices yet, so those ports aren’t useful for me.

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered one on the 17th as well, but it says it will ship after the spring festival. I have other Taptes products as well and they have been good.

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered mats and seat adjustment button covers from Taptes. The package came ripped and there were no button covers. They either fell out or were never there. I emailed them, but they didn't send new ones. They're cheap and there's a chance they were lost in the post, so I ordered new ones. These came with 2 driver's side buttons. I complained, but in a week I only got a request to "try to install them" despite including a photo of what I received. I've since mailed them twice and requested the correct button covers, but there's been no reply.
The mats are good, but the overall experience is not.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like shipment is stuck in Chinese New Year celebrations...
  • Shipment has been processed in operational center----SHENZHEN 2020/01/22 03:40:55
  • Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN 2020/01/21 02:22:50
  • Shipment information received 2020/01/19 20:32:35

Purity999

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered and received my Jeda Hub. I purchased it to hide my 512gb SSD after seeing the pictures of the Samsung SSD in the compartment on their website. The pictures are a bit deceiving. The pictures are of a "portable" SSD, not a standard PC SSD which I have. It doesn't fit and I'm not buying a new one which is what their suggestion was. I paid bout 56 bucks for the SSD and SATA to USB 3.1 cable, the Samsung T5 which they recommend is 89.99 on Amazon for a 500gb drive. Uh, no...so it's almost twice the price and had less storage capacity, no thanks.

Country
Country
I ordered and received my Jeda Hub. I purchased it to hide my 512gb SSD after seeing the pictures of the Samsung SSD in the compartment on their website. The pictures are a bit deceiving. The pictures are of a "portable" SSD, not a standard PC SSD which I have. It doesn't fit and I'm not buying a new one which is what their suggestion was. I paid bout 56 bucks for the SSD and SATA to USB 3.1 cable, the Samsung T5 which they recommend is 89.99 on Amazon for a 500gb drive. Uh, no...so it's almost twice the price and had less storage capacity, no thanks.
Would you mind providing the dimensions of the hidden compartment?

Ranova

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got mine yesterday, it looks really nice but unfortunately, having some issues:
- does not work with usb microSD adapters. Ive tried 2 different ones and it just doesnt power them on. Trying a regular USB thumb drives works, so Im guessing portable SSDs like the Samsung T5 will work. This is a bummer since I want to use a high endurance microSD
- My 8bitdo wireless adapters dont work when plugged into the data+charge port, I have to pull out the whole hub and plug my old hub directly into the front usb ports for it to work

Ranova

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
after speaking with some other owners that got the hub, they suggested to pull out and re-seat the taptes hub multiple times. I did this and now my issues are solved - both the microSD adapter and controllers work! I am very happy with this hub, however, I wish it had 2 data USB ports since I still have to use another hub to use 2 controllers

JimmT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received my TapTes hub today as well and installed it. Thoughts:
  1. The fit and finish are great and it makes the storage compartment much tidier. It is a very tight fit and it's easiest to insert from the top into the USB slots.
  2. My Nomad wireless charger works fine, both sides powered up without any problems.
  3. My SanDisk flash drive didn't immediately work. I tried the interior port and the first Data\Power port. It worked once on the external port but I really wanted it inside the hidden compartment. As others suggested, I pulled the hub out and reinserted it a few times and now everything is working fine. I have my flash drive inside the hidden compartment, along with a flash reader and extra cables to use it with my iPhone.
Overall, it's pretty much what I wanted and the price can't be beat. In case anyone's curious, I ordered on Jan. 16 and it shipped out the next day. I was able to check shipping status from the email they sent me and follow its progress to the US. I'd definitely recommend the hub if you want to clean up your storage compartment.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve wanted the Jeda USB hub but the price is too high for what it is. Then I saw that Taptes has their USB hub for only $24.99 with free shipping. Ordered on Thursday and they shipped it out on Friday. I’ll post a review as soon as it arrives. Besides the much lower price, I like that it has 3 USB-A ports instead of only 2 like the Jeda hub. I don’t have any USB-C devices yet, so those ports aren’t useful for me.
I got mine on Wednesday. It was missing the USB cable. Fit well and powered up the Taptes Qi mat. However the internal USB port didn’t work. Sent them an email about the problem but haven’t heard anything yet.

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered mine on Jan 17, and it has yet to ship. They have a holiday going on, and a well publicized public heath issue to deal with right now so orders and response might be impacted by one or the other.

Ranova

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got mine on Wednesday. It was missing the USB cable. Fit well and powered up the Taptes Qi mat. However the internal USB port didn’t work. Sent them an email about the problem but haven’t heard anything yet.
As mentioned from other users, you'll need to cause friction with all the ports.

Taptes responded to my email I sent over the weekend which suggests the same:

Good day to you and I am so sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese New leave, this is Demi from TAPTES.
You can try creating a little friction between the hub and the car by pulling out and reinserting the hub several times, as well as on each individual plug.
Then restart your Model 3. And please make sure you plug in the SSD tightly

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also have been unable to get the internal/right port to work with data. I tried replugging everything several times. For now I moved the Roadie over to the left port where it works fine. Perhaps I can open up the hub and make some adjustments.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, the Jeda and Roadie work together....

It's not an issue with the Roadie, it's an issue with data connection to the internal port. The USB stick with music I put in its place is not read either.
The right plug probably doesn't go in far enough, possibly a variation in mounting of the Tesla's internal USB ports.

Ranova

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's not an issue with the Roadie, it's an issue with data connection to the internal port. The USB stick with music I put in its place is not read either.
The right plug probably doesn't go in far enough, possibly a variation in mounting of the Tesla's internal USB ports.
The internal plug seems very loose as I have experienced and others have mentioned. I really think Taptes rushed this product out before Chinese New Years and we're paying the price. Hopefully future batches have all these issues fixed