Taking delivery of Model 3 in Ontario. Options (?)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Anecdotally, I have read examples where new Tesla owners in the Kingston, Ontario area took delivery of their new Model S or X at their homes.

I live two hours (traffic permitting) east of the delivery center being used by Tesla, located near Pearson Airport.

Is it the expectation that folks living outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) be expected to drive into Toronto (with all that entails) to take delivery of Model 3? Thanks. Cheers.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
If you go to the Tesla site and look for the purchase and delivery FAQ it has some of these details. It says if youre more than 160km away from a store, they deliver it to you. :)

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
If you go to the Tesla site and look for the purchase and delivery FAQ it has some of these details. It says if youre more than 160km away from a store, they deliver it to you. :)
All I could find, after drilling down into the website, was a stipulation of 160 "miles":

screenshot_2018-03-25-10-41-04-png.6614

160 miles equals 258 kms. I'll assume I have to drive thru Toronto for pickup.

I wish Tesla could establish a "pop up" delivery center on the eastern edge of the GTA.

BobLoblaw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that the same for Vancouver? We are 4 hours away, but can easily fly down to pick it up. Might be a nice getaway regardless...

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I'd guess you'll be driving to TO to pick it up ;)
Weeeeeeeeeel...........I'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

If 400 bucks let's me avoid the whole 2 hours there, 2 hours back, stone chips in the front end because I don't have the wrap yet, etc.......I'll have to check out my options......:confused:

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Weeeeeeeeeel...........I'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

If 400 bucks let's me avoid the whole 2 hours there, 2 hours back, stone chips in the front end because I don't have the wrap yet, etc.......I'll have to check out my options......:confused:
One other consideration I’d think about Mike, if you go to TO and there’s things you don’t like on inspecting the car BEFORE paying Trsla the balance, you have more leverage and you can talk to delivery manager to fix on the spot minor things. If you pay for a truck and you find some annoying things, what are you going to, send it back ? :)

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
One other consideration I’d think about Mike, if you go to TO and there’s things you don’t like on inspecting the car BEFORE paying Trsla the balance, you have more leverage and you can talk to delivery manager to fix on the spot minor things. If you pay for a truck and you find some annoying things, what are you going to, send it back ? :)
Good point.

Well, perhaps I'll take the GO (regional) train in when it's time to pick up the car.

That way, if the car is not correctly ready for delivery, I'll point out all the issues and get back on the train.

With the expectation that for all my trouble because final inspection was not done correctly, they will put it on a truck for me.......

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good point.

Well, perhaps I'll take the GO (regional) train in when it's time to pick up the car........
I just mapped out the route on the Google. It takes just over 3 hours by HSR, BT, TTC and GO from my house to the North York Delivery Centre.

I think I’ll just trade my car in. Or pay $100 for an Uber.

Nah. I’ll just trade it in.

tombar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just mapped out the route on the Google. It takes just over 3 hours by HSR, BT, TTC and GO from my house to the North York Delivery Centre.

Or.... If your car is not a S or X ,in good shape, look at selling on autotrader. You'd probably get a better price than what Tesla will give you for car they'll probably sell off to auctioneer. You could probably hire a limo for the difference.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country

What I'd love to see is a "pop up" delivery center setup on the east side of the GTA.