Switched my order from M3 to MS

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I decided to make the switch as well. Just placed my order for a loaded 100D . . . still in Midnight Silver Metallic, of course.

The extra space will be nice for family trips, and the dog will be able to come along back in the hatch sometimes too. I really want the dual motors as well, so decided to take the plunge.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I decided to make the switch as well. Just placed my order for a loaded 100D . . . still in Midnight Silver Metallic, of course.

The extra space will be nice for family trips, and the dog will be able to come along back in the hatch sometimes too. I really want the dual motors as well, so decided to take the plunge.
We will allow it, since you still went with Midnight Silver. What is your delivery estimate? Did you get the 21" turbines?

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
We will allow it, since you still went with Midnight Silver. What is your delivery estimate? Did you get the 21" turbines?
No, stuck with the default 19” turbines. I want maximum range and comfort as we do a lot of long trips over worn out roads. December delivery in Tempe is all they’re saying at this point.

JBsC6

Country
Country
Was there much of a price differential? Kidding of course....

The P100d is one bad ass ride,,,,zero to sixty in 2.3 seconds..

Does the 100d accelerate almost as quickly?

Wow! Quite the move up....twice the price of a fully loaded model3? Or halfway between the base and a fully loaded times two?

Just teasing....the model S incentives are pretty appealing...first the car itself is amazing...it's so roomy and good looking....the existing federal tax credit in full. The lifetime supercharging for free? The referral bonus and I see some movement on pricing these days to move the metal.

I actually thought that's why tesla fired 700 employees last week...

I thought possibly it was a portion of his sales manag,ent staff that authorized the enticement of model 3 reservation holders to be tempted to take delivery of a model S now.....Elon caught wind of it and fired them all...lol

Could be true?

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Was there much of a price differential? Kidding of course....

The P100d is one bad ass ride,,,,zero to sixty in 2.3 seconds..

Does the 100d accelerate almost as quickly?

Wow! Quite the move up....twice the price of a fully loaded model3? Or halfway between the base and a fully loaded times two?

Just teasing....the model S incentives are pretty appealing...first the car itself is amazing...it's so roomy and good looking....the existing federal tax credit in full. The lifetime supercharging for free? The referral bonus and I see some movement on pricing these days to move the metal.

I actually thought that's why tesla fired 700 employees last week...

I thought possibly it was a portion of his sales manag,ent staff that authorized the enticement of model 3 reservation holders to be tempted to take delivery of a model S now.....Elon caught wind of it and fired them all...lol

Could be true?
I’m completely guessing here, but my crystal ball says the dual-motor performance version of Model 3 will perform on par with the MS 100D. 0-60 in 4.1, although I expect the M3 to retain its 140 mph limiter and to come in at about $80K. So, yeah, even a maxed out M3 will be significantly less cash than it’s MS counterpart.

My decision came down to cargo space and range. I have been torn between the more everyday practical commuter size of the 3 and the luxurious space afforded by the S for trips. As a geek, the ever-present data display possibilities of the two screens in the S and the possibility of getting the features I really want without waiting (as long) won out. Dual motors was on my short list.

Anyway, you can’t go wrong with either, I just decided after having a year to think about it, that the S is what I want.

Free supercharging and $1000 off before Oct 31st is icing on the cake.

ScottV

Country
Country

I did the exact same thing. I traded my M3 reservation for a new Model S 75. Got one about to leave Fremont, so I got free delivery, in addition to the $1,000 and free super charging. :) Got here in a week. I didn't get to fully configure it, but I got the color and interior I wanted.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I did the exact same thing. I traded my M3 reservation for a new Model S 75. Got one about to leave Fremont, so I got free delivery, in addition to the $1,000 and free super charging. :) Got here in a week. I didn't get to fully configure it, but I got the color and interior I wanted.
Happy for you! Enjoy!! :cool:

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
You got a great car, and by moving to a purchase order that Tesla can fill sooner, you help fund the construction of the Model 3 assembly line, and are thus funding the future. I hope you have a lot of great road trips in it! :)