Supercharger trip cost spreadsheet

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just got back from my first roadtrip and created a spreadsheet to see the total cost of supercharging. As a bonus I added a line to compare gas prices and amount saved. I'm no Excel master and this is just a quick hack, feel free to change/modify/make it better and please re-post it here if you do. If you need to add lines for extra stops just "unprotect" the sheet and insert more lines.

If anyone has a better spreadsheet please post here as well.

Attachments

Cool comparison but 40 MPG? Also not to mention other intagible consumables like oil and wear and tear that will cost you money in the long run. (I own/fly an airplane and those things are all taken into account when comparing overall efficiency.) Edmunds takes them into account as well when calculating TCO.

In my case, I would be lucky to get 25 MPG on my ICE (Audi Q5), which is closer to the average consumption around I would think. The gas savings will be significantly higher in that case. I think my Model 3 is at least 3 times more efficient than my ICE overall.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Cool comparison but 40 MPG? Also not to mention other intagible consumables like oil and wear and tear that will cost you money in the long run. (I own/fly an airplane and those things are all taken into account when comparing overall efficiency.) Edmunds takes them into account as well when calculating TCO.

In my case, I would be lucky to get 25 MPG on my ICE (Audi Q5), which is closer to the average consumption around I would think. The gas savings will be significantly higher in that case. I think my Model 3 is at least 3 times more efficient than my ICE overall.

Thanks for sharing.
I totally agree and I was using the 40mpg number to give the absolute best case scenario for comparison. It's simple to change that figure or the cost per gallon to do you own calculations.

Currently there is no ICE car made or even conceived of the I know about that comes anywhere close to the Modle 3 in terms of efficiency, comfort, and luxury so there is truly nothing to compare it against!