Supercharger referral program has ended?

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

tencate

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just heard from a friend of mine who purchased a Model 3: "I have had this information for a couple of days and am so unhappy about it that I put off emailing you: the supercharger reward program ended September 17, less than 48 hours before I ordered. I don’t see any recourse and am of course kicking myself for not being more decisive."

Really? I haven't seen any mention of it here (or perhaps I've missed it?

• Informative
Reactions: JWardell

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just heard from a friend of mine who purchased a Model 3: "I have had this information for a couple of days and am so unhappy about it that I put off emailing you: the supercharger reward program ended September 17, less than 48 hours before I ordered. I don’t see any recourse and am of course kicking myself for not being more decisive."

Really? I haven't seen any mention of it here (or perhaps I've missed it?
This is news to me also. Just checked my Loot Box and, sure enough, it now only mentions referral rewards for solar.

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
According to Electrek and InsideEVs your friend is spot on!

SoFlaModel3

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I can’t believe we didn’t have a thread here to be honest. It was all over Tesla Twitter.

I think ending the program was long overdue frankly. Now what do I do with all these miles when I use a few hundred in an entire year?

C12F101B-AF77-4580-9A3B-B2775493FB88.jpeg

Reactions: TrevP

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I can’t believe we didn’t have a thread here to be honest. It was all over Tesla Twitter.

I think ending the program was long overdue frankly. Now what do I do with all these miles when I use a few hundred in an entire year?

View attachment 40070
That's a lot of miles to use up in 16 months. I have about 1/10 of your miles remaining for 2 reasons. One, I was never an internet sensation, so I didn't get near the referrals you did. :rolleyes: Two, I have a supercharger 9 miles from home, and I have routinely used supercharger time to detail my wife's car(I still have free supercharging on mine).

My rough calculations say that you'd have to detail each car once a week over the next 16 months to save $700 over home charging. That's a lot of detailing, and a fair amount of battery degradation. Adios, credits!

• Funny
Reactions: SoFlaModel3

SoFlaModel3

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's a lot of miles to use up in 16 months. I have about 1/10 of your miles remaining for 2 reasons. One, I was never an internet sensation, so I didn't get near the referrals you did. :rolleyes: Two, I have a supercharger 9 miles from home, and I have routinely used supercharger time to detail my wife's car(I still have free supercharging on mine).

My rough calculations say that you'd have to detail each car once a week over the next 16 months to save $700 over home charging. That's a lot of detailing, and a fair amount of battery degradation. Adios, credits!

I imagine between now and their final expiration I may use 2,000 of those miles and that’s probably a stretch.

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If only you could transfer them to someone else?

I can dream, can't I? I also had a couple thousand free miles that expired end of last month. Never used any of them.

Reactions: rjp

JWardell

TOO Master Member 👑
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Perhaps it's just a supply vs demand issue... When shortages end and production capacity goes up (next year?) hopefully they will bring back referrals

Rush

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There's a movie where everybody dies at a certain age and they have a timer countdown on their wrists, but they can transfer time to another person by putting their wrists together. Maybe you could park real close to another Tesla and some Supercharger miles could be transferred, or maybe by opening the doors and having them touch...;)

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There's a movie where everybody dies at a certain age and they have a timer countdown on their wrists, but they can transfer time to another person by putting their wrists together. Maybe you could park real close to another Tesla and some Supercharger miles could be transferred, or maybe by opening the doors and having them touch...;)
In Time with Justin Timberlake. not a bad movie.