Supercharger in Ft. Smith, AR

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking for a Tesla owner near Ft. Smith, AR who might have info on the proposed supercharger there. I'm planning a cross country trip to the southeast in last summer, and there's a large gap between OKC and Little Rock. A supercharger in Ft. Smith would be a huge help. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had not realized the gap there, you might have to consider a slight detour to Tulsa, depends on what you are driving or other activity along the way. @Bokonon reminded me the other day of https://supercharge.info/changes. I don't see anything listed for Ft. Smith, but you might keep an eye out or find a good L2 through Chargepoint or other provider if you absolutely require a charge, you could spend a few hours charging.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking for a Tesla owner near Ft. Smith, AR who might have info on the proposed supercharger there. I'm planning a cross country trip to the southeast in last summer, and there's a large gap between OKC and Little Rock. A supercharger in Ft. Smith would be a huge help. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
In addition to @GDN's suggestions to...
  • Keep tabs on the Ft. Smith supercharger on supercharge.info (here's a link to the OKC-LR SC route)
  • Look around for some Level 2 EV charging stations (the PlugShare app / website are very helpful, because they include pricing, restrictions, and other pertinent details about each location)
...an RV park with a NEMA 14-50 outlet (or a NEMA 14-30 outlet, if you have that adapter too) can serve as a Level 2 charging station in a pinch. PlugShare's listings include a few of these (such as this one near Ft. Smith), but if you're planning to stop at one, it's a good idea to call ahead and confirm availability. Just looking at PlugShare's map, it seems like RV parks account for most of the charging options along this stretch of I-40.

Tesla Destination Chargers (also Level 2, but usually 40 amps or higher) are also an option, and are typically placed at hotels or restaurants. The only one I see along the OKC to Little Rock route is at a Super 8 Motel in Russellville, about 270 miles from the OKC Supercharger. The Little Rock Supercharger is another 80 miles beyond that point.

Without the Ft. Smith supercharger, you'll probably need about 3 hours of Level 2 charging to regain the 75-80 miles you'll need to make the trip comfortably. If you can time the trip so that you can split those 3 hours between a couple of meal stops (looks like one of the RV parks just outside of OKC also has a restaurant), it might not be so bad. And keeping highway speeds relatively low (say, ~60-65 instead of 75+) will help reduce your energy consumption per mile so that you'll have more wiggle-room to work with.

Good luck with the planning... it sounds like an awesome trip!