Super Double Secret M3OC Hand Sign?

3Model3s

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Made my first 'long distance trip' from the Bay Area to San Diego. Passed by, got passed by and saw several Model 3's along the way. (I may write about the experience when time permits.)

Just wondering if there is a super double secret hand sign to show (proud) M3OC membership? If there isn't there should be one and I would suggest three fingers held horizonal (with a smile). Why? It would be an ice-breaker when at super charges or a long the way. Seems at all the super charges I stopped at, all the drivers were rather closed up. Maybe a friendly (known) hand sign might break the ice. (Though I could also see concerns to the unknown/non-members)

jsanford

Eloise the 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, except it reminds me of a Scouting sign.

I flash a “V” for victory and get one back about every tenth Model 3. But every time I run into another owner in a social setting, its like guitar players—we could talk about our cars and for hours.

RickO2018

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Corvette Owners have had a passing hand wave while passing on road for years. Definitely should adopt our own. I like the three sideways fingers. Unlike Vette owners, with auto steer we can take our hands off the wheel!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Corvette Owners have had a passing hand wave while passing on road for years. Definitely should adopt our own. I like the three sideways fingers. Unlike Vette owners, with auto steer we can take our hands off the wheel!
I wave, tap my horn or during the day flash my lights at other Model 3s, but honestly if someone did a sideways 3finger 'wave', Id probably roll my eyes ;)

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Most of the Florida Model 3 owners have their windows tinted pretty dark (including me) which makes exchanging hand signs difficult or impossible. I just flash the brights very briefly. Barely even full on, almost like I hit the stalk by accident.

Gunn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wave, tap my horn or during the day flash my lights at other Model 3s
If I did that every time I passed another 3 I would be pulled over for fear of the car having an epileptic fit :confused:
I pass anywhere between 10 to 15 3's, a good 5+ S's and a handful of X's each morning and I only have a 10 mile commute :oops:

Yes, I'd love to say "Hi" to my fellow 3's and have tried to wave but with no reply :(

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i tend to wave at other M3, but like @Gunn i see about 10 each trip, and my arm would get uber tired.

Last night, in the left turn lane with a M3 2 cars back and other beside me i rolled down the window and slid out the horizontal-3 followed morphing into a thumbs up.

they likely thought i was just excited about it taking three cycles of the lights to make that left turn...

orekart

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Please, keep your hands on the wheel and eyes up on the road.

If you hand wave it should be to show recognition for whomever is paying attention and making eye contact, and not for an expectation of any other to acknowlege.

Signed, every motorcyclist ever.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Please, keep your hands on the wheel and eyes up on the road.

If you hand wave it should be to show recognition for whomever is paying attention and making eye contact, and not for an expectation of any other to acknowlege.

Signed, every motorcyclist ever.
You got it, boss!
hand_signal510-jpg.27876

;)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I keep waving but I think there are enough non-enthusiast model 3 drivers now that I rarely get a return wave.

I have also started giving the double thumbs up while on AP... because I can!