Strike 2... You're OUT... Sentry Mode wins!

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Please post your personal videos into a single thread to keep things organized. Thanks

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you know who he is? What does "NO P" mean? Was it written with a permanent marker or was it washable?

SMITTY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you know who he is? What does "NO P" mean? Was it written with a permanent marker or was it washable?
I know the car, but its typically a lady driving it. I have other footage of them together when they first pulled into that spot. This took place at my apartment building, so its only a matter of time before I see either of them again.

Im guessing "NO P" means No Parking??? I have no clue, the first time this happened i was thinking maybe they were mad i was charging and they couldn't but as you can see he was charging as well so I don't understand WTF he did it for again. Im glad he did though.

It was with highlighter this time, last time was with a black somewhat permanent marker and a highlighter. It came off but if you look at an angle you can see some ghosting of something written there.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What an a$$hole. No reason for that whatsoever. I hope you find justice or at least embarrass him. Sounds like you have a professional detail coming your way too unless he wants Johnny law to hit him for vandalism.

SMITTY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What an a$$hole. No reason for that whatsoever. I hope you find justice or at least embarrass him. Sounds like you have a professional detail coming your way too unless he wants Johnny law to hit him for vandalism.
Looking forward to whatever the outcome may be... I shall keep this thread updated.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally caught the guy writing on my car... I love it. Can't wait to have a few choice words with this fella.
Calm down, and take your video to the police. Let them handle it.
Then contact a lawyer, and sue him for repair/refinish of your car.

Don't physically confront him yourself. Nothing useful will come of that, and it could escalate into something much worse.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure he means No Parking, but I'm not sure why. Does he think Chargepoints are only for non-Teslas because Teslas have their own chargers? I've heard some people think that.
Before shaming or going to the police or anything that's going to throw fuel on the fire, I would try to have a calm conversation with him first. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation (despite the very unreasonable actions). Obviously if it gets unreasonable at all then go to authorities.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Calm down, and take your video to the police. Let them handle it.
Then contact a lawyer, and sue him for repair/refinish of your car.
Before shaming or going to the police or anything that's going to throw fuel on the fire, I would try to have a calm conversation with him first. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation (despite the very unreasonable actions).
My vote is for: (1) contact apartment management to see if they can determine from the guy why he did this; and (2) go to police after hearing the explanation, if he doesn't immediately offer to fix it. I think seeking him out is confrontational. I'm not sure I can put this behavior in any kind of framework of a stable personality.

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suggest going directly to the police. I always try to remember that sometimes things like that are a semi-innocent prank, other times you could be dealing with someone really unstable and dangerous - and next thing you know, he's threatening you at the door of your apartment at midnight. Once the police have a chat with him and inform him that he could be looking at jail time, he'll suddenly change his tune.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to see the vandalism and another huge win for Sentry mode. I won't offer advice on the best way to handle, because well, we each handle these things differently. Some humans are calm and rational while others would rather stab you in the back as you walk away.

Either way - another HUGE win for Sentry mode.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i think that we can all agree that this fellow's actions are unreasonable. whether he thinks you are blocking his charging, has Tesla envy, or thinks that chargepoint chargers are not for Teslas because we have our own charge network.

but regardless of intent or motivation, his response and actions are likely seen as something a reasonable person would not consider doing.

So ask yourself - do you want to engage a person who is already doing unreasonable things? Think of the most unreasonable thing he could do if you talk to him - because that is exactly what he might do if you talk to him.

i'm with @garsh - one of the keys in preventing a situation from escalating is to not get into the situation in the first place.

MNScott

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
1. Contact the police, file a report, supply the video evidence.
2. Contact apartment management, provide the police report, supply the video evidence. Let them know to expect contact from the police to identify this person.
3. Get an estimate to have the "ghosting" from writing on your vehicle taken care of (buff? detail?). Get it in writing. Provide to police.
4. Consider a restraining order once this person is identified.
5. Contact apartment management to find out what recourse you have - do you really want to live in the same place as this jackwagon?

My advice, worth every penny you paid for it. :)

Good Luck!

Scott

Last edited:

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i think that we can all agree that this fellow's actions are unreasonable. whether he thinks you are blocking his charging, has Tesla envy, or thinks that chargepoint chargers are not for Teslas because we have our own charge network.

but regardless of intent or motivation, his response and actions are likely seen as something a reasonable person would not consider doing.

So ask yourself - do you want to engage a person who is already doing unreasonable things? Think of the most unreasonable thing he could do if you talk to him - because that is exactly what he might do if you talk to him.

i'm with @garsh - one of the keys in preventing a situation from escalating is to not get into the situation in the first place.
I’ll add my agreement with those who suggest that confronting him personally may not be safe or wise. I would stop short of notifying police as my first action but would notify apartment management with the hope they would explain that Tesla’s are allowed to park there, which seems to me is the likely issue. (If bylaws exist, they should include this explicitly.) If that’s not his beef, they should be able to find out what the issue is. If no resolution, then I would go to the police. The end result, either way, would hopefully involve him paying for professional repair of the damage he caused, a better understanding of the laws, and no escalation that would put either you or your car in further danger.
Good luck!

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm pretty sure he means No Parking, but I'm not sure why. Does he think Chargepoints are only for non-Teslas because Teslas have their own chargers? I've heard some people think that.
Before shaming or going to the police or anything that's going to throw fuel on the fire, I would try to have a calm conversation with him first. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation (despite the very unreasonable actions). Obviously if it gets unreasonable at all then go to authorities.
I'll agree with the no parking. As I'm looking at the Tesla, it doesn't seem to be plugged in.