Strange Sound when Driving Slow

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

M3LA

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All,

First post here. Picked up my model 3 on April 24th. Mostly things have been good so far, apart from a few software issues like losing radio audio and bluetooth audio - both solved with a reboot.

However I am noticing now a strange crackling/crunching sound coming from I believe the front of the car/wheel well area when I am driving at slow speeds (less than 5 MPH).

Has anyone else experienced this??

I've taken a video here:

Thank you!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi All,

First post here. Picked up my model 3 on April 24th. Mostly things have been good so far, apart from a few software issues like losing radio audio and bluetooth audio - both solved with a reboot.

However I am noticing now a strange crackling/crunching sound coming from I believe the front of the car/wheel well area when I am driving at slow speeds (less than 5 MPH).

Has anyone else experienced this??

I've taken a video here:

Thank you!
Sounds like something in your aero cover; I had a similar sound too and SC said the circular ring around the center cap is spinning around and they just adjusted it and it went away. You can try to fix it easily by spinning the metal ring into a certain position where it stops moving and see if that helps. Sorry it’s hard to really describe how to adjust it, but you’ll know when you start fiddling with the ring. Hope that helps solve the issue... if not erm.. you may have gremlins in your car!

ETA: And welcome to the club! :)

Last edited: