Strange P icon showed up

gymshoe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't get a picture of it before it disappeared but a gray P icon showed up on the right side of the car image, near the back right door. I was going slow in stop and go traffic. I pressed it to see if it would do anything and nothing happened.
I believe I TACC was on at the time.

Anyone else see this before? Looked through manual and googled it to no avail.

thanks,
James

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't get a picture of it before it disappeared but a gray P icon showed up on the right side of the car image, near the back right door. I was going slow in stop and go traffic. I pressed it to see if it would do anything and nothing happened.

thanks,
James
Sorry - had to rate your first post funny, don't be offended. Correct that it has found what it believes to be a parking spot and as you report it seems to find "parking spots" more often driving slowly on a road than in a parking lot. I've only seen it 3 or 4 times and 2 of them were today while driving home at stoplights.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

thanks,
James
Your avatar is awesome!

@iChris93 is absolutely right, the car thought it looked like a good place to park. I’ve seen it at odd times as well.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it seems to find "parking spots" more often driving slowly on a road than in a parking lot.
Yup, I've only seen it once in an actual parking lot with an open space. Most of the time it shows up on a road with with nowhere to park except in the weeds.

the car thinks parking under a tractor-trailer is something it wants to try.
The car has been watching Fast and Furious 12: Hear no EV-il.

gymshoe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks everyone! Makes sense! I had never seen it before. This is for it to auto-parallel park right? Which I haven't tried yet.