STO-N-SHO Quick-Release Front License Plate Bracket - Model 3

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know that these are two different vehicles, however, one has it mounted under the bumper (TM3) and the other in the grill area (TMX). Is there no way to mount as shown on the TMX?
I don't think there is enough depth in grill opening of the 3 for this mounting location as there is with the X based on the bracket design.

GeorgeP

Country
Country
The guy in the video showing off the Sto’n’Sho bracket is me!
I installed it in my drive way by laying flat on my back.
The bolts at the bottom just screw into the plastic.
The plastic sheet at the bottom is just a cover for protection, you will not touch anything else when the screws are in.
I will try to make a video to show everyone how the bolts are fitted if you would like to see it?
With the Sto’n’Sho bracket it is very easy while cleaning the car.

GeorgeP

Country
Country
The first post shows two different mounting positions. One is inside the grill while the other looks to be under the bumper. I saw a few individuals posting concerns regarding cooling the battery/air movement. Anyone have any comments (pros and cons) on placement of one over the other?
My model 3 cools the same with the Sto’n’Sho bracket installed.
The best part is it not touching the grill at all, or even the car body.
It is cantilevered off the bolt bracket underneath the car.

rlb4

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The guy in the video showing off the Sto’n’Sho bracket is me!
I installed it in my drive way by laying flat on my back.
The bolts at the bottom just screw into the plastic.
The plastic sheet at the bottom is just a cover for protection, you will not touch anything else when the screws are in.
I will try to make a video to show everyone how the bolts are fitted if you would like to see it?
With the Sto’n’Sho bracket it is very easy while cleaning the car.
How sturdy is the bracket just being screwed into the plastic?

My model 3 cools the same with the Sto’n’Sho bracket installed.
The best part is it not touching the grill at all, or even the car body.
It is cantilevered off the bolt bracket underneath the car.
I am just curious - how did you assess the cooling? Not trying to be a smart@$$, genuinely curious. I really love the look of the sto-n-sho as well and this is the only thing holding me back. It is a reassuring statement and am just wondering if you can back it up with your methodology. Thanks.

GeorgeP

Country
Country
If there was a marked difference in the air handling through the vents, in terms of time to achieve set temperature and airflow, one would easily notice.
Second, if the battery took longer to cool in the summer it would not be because of air flowing through the front but because of cooling fluid temperature gradient being affected obviously by the cooling system to which the front vent contributes.
Therefore we surmise that the Sto’n’Sho bracket has no great effect on cooling. I may be completely wrong but this is my best guesstimate.

3PHASE

Country
Country
Thanks for joining the conversation George, and any videos you can supply would be great.

I'm assuming since you have had this for a while, there is no impact on the front sensors. Apparently one of the other brackets that bolts onto the grill had to be modified to fix a problem with false positives.

rlb4

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So is this bracket the easiest to remove? The Law has to be unscrewed to remove and is more expensive. I'm still undecided. I kind of like the higher position of The Law but I like the ease of removal of the STO N SHO.

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So is this bracket the easiest to remove? The Law has to be unscrewed to remove and is more expensive. I'm still undecided. I kind of like the higher position of The Law but I like the ease of removal of the STO N SHO.
Can't get much easier... grab plate with one hand, spring loaded latch pin in the other, slide the guides forward and out. 5-second process.

See Post #13 / page #1 of this thread.

cantdecide

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So how does installing this work when you pick up the car for the first time? I assume the employees at the Tesla delivery center want to install the plates for you in the first place, is there an opportunity to get under the car and install this before they do that?

NJturtlePower

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With this STO N SHO, has anyone looked at a very good adhesive to use instead of the screws?
No, why and no again! ;)

So how does installing this work when you pick up the car for the first time? I assume the employees at the Tesla delivery center want to install the plates for you in the first place, is there an opportunity to get under the car and install this before they do that?
You don't need both plates to leave a dealership. Even here in NJ they'll only issue one temp plate which is usually good for 30-days. Install the temp in the back and take it home.