Steering Wheel Vibration

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone experienced a pulsating/mechanical vibration through the steering wheel when driving?

The occurrence mostly occurs at 39-40mph, or under hard acceleration around 50mph. Driving straight and not changing lanes. The frequency is about 2-4 times during a 40 mile drive.

I have contacted the local service tech with a reply of limited concern....and follow-up.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone experienced a pulsating/mechanical vibration through the steering wheel when driving?

The occurrence mostly occurs at 39-40mph, or under hard acceleration around 50mph. Driving straight and not changing lanes. The frequency is about 2-4 times during a 40 mile drive.

I have contacted the local service tech with a reply of limited concern....and follow-up.
Do you have lane departure warning turned on?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like this as a gentle reminder, but as the case you are in, the first time or two you feel it and have no message on the screen, it's a bit questionable just what is going on.

Country
Country
It’s a valuable safety feature. I wouldn’t be so quick to turn it off.
I was used to it from my Fusion, and surprised it was off by default in my 3. Now that it's back on after a couple months off, it keeps freaking the bejeezus out of me. Great for those "I've been on AP for 50 miles and maybe forgot that once AP is off I have to actually operate the steering wheel" moments. :)

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OMG so glad I searched, thought something was wrong with my car. I just turned this lane departure feature on.

They need a pop-up to educate the driver when they turn this feature on, lol

Note: my owners manual doesn’t work, blank page...

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OMG so glad I searched, thought something was wrong with my car. I just turned this lane departure feature on.

They need a pop-up to educate the driver when they turn this feature on, lol

Note: my owners manual doesn’t work, blank page...
Sorry to hear about that blank page, but no access to any other internet connected device? Like the one you are using this forum from? :cool:

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

TheHairyOne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The link I went to in Tesla's site was out dated with screen shots from an older GUI :(

Thanks Chris, that link looks more legitimate than what I previously found... reading now! Gotta love the pages that don't fit. Nothing polished in this neighborhood ;)

DWM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Glad I found this thread. I was wondering whether I need to be worried about the rattling. Will try disabling and see if the rattling is still there but once confirmed I think I'll have it enabled. Tesla should have added a warning of some sort on the screen, maybe flashing edge depending on swerving left or right, similar to the top side blue flashing warning to give light pressure on the wheel when in autopilot.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car is 3 days old and I'm getting the vibration - 2-4 seconds at about 10 cycles per second at moderate speeds on suburban roads, quite often when accelerating on a curve. So its clearly not a tire wear or brakes rust issue.
Any thoughts?