Steering wheel loses full range of adjustments periodically

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My steering wheel periodically loses the full range of adjustments, possibly after firmware updates. It won't adjust all the way up/down or in/out. Performing a steering wheel calibration by the service center fixes the issue temporarily but comes back after a while. The SC have no idea what the root cause is and just tell me to bring it back in if it happens again.. The past 2 times I noticed the issue soon after firmware were updated, so suspecting it has something to do with firmware updates. Any ideas what could be causing it?

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My steering wheel periodically loses the full range of adjustments, possibly after firmware updates. It won't adjust all the way up/down or in/out. Performing a steering wheel calibration by the service center fixes the issue temporarily but comes back after a while. The SC have no idea what the root cause is and just tell me to bring it back in if it happens again.. The past 2 times I noticed the issue soon after firmware were updated, so suspecting it has something to do with firmware updates. Any ideas what could be causing it?
Did you find the cause?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope.. SC said engineers are looking into it. They didn’t keep my car there though so not sure how they are diagnosing.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Like yours, the service center calibrated the steering wheel. It's been 4 days. Let's see if the issue comes back. I'll keep you posted. Let me know if they found an underlying cause.