State inspection sticker in MA

Country
Country
Any suggestions for a good place to get state inspection sticker in Andover, MA? Picking up Model 3 in Dedham, MA so a place near there would work as well.

Thanks.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recently moved to North Andover and am also interested in finding a good location to get a state inspection sticker. I will be picking up my Model 3 on 3/30.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I get my model S inspected at the Mobil station on Main St (Rt 28) just before the library as you go up the hill into Andover center. Honestly, however, since EVs don't require emissions or exhaust system checks, you can pretty much get it done anywhere. Pretty much all they do is turn on the lights, toot the horn and charge you $35.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Honestly, however, since EVs don't require emissions or exhaust system checks, you can pretty much get it done anywhere. Pretty much all they do is turn on the lights, toot the horn and charge you $35.
Pretty much. I've taken my e-Golf to the random gas station by my office in Natick for the past two years, and the whole process only takes about 5 minutes. I wouldn't think too much about it.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for all the replies. I'll be the one in the red Model 3.
Is your delivery date coming up soon? And does yours have sport wheels, by chance? I saw such a car on the lot at Dedham today, and it didn't have a license plate, so I'm guessing it's undelivered. If that's yours, it looks great!

BTW, the back lot had a red Model 3 with aero wheels (and plates) that was in for service, so unfortunately there is already someone around here who is "the one in the red Model 3"... But hey, maybe you're the first red with sport wheels? ;)

Country
Country
Is your delivery date coming up soon? And does yours have sport wheels, by chance? I saw such a car on the lot at Dedham today, and it didn't have a license plate, so I'm guessing it's undelivered. If that's yours, it looks great!

BTW, the back lot had a red Model 3 with aero wheels (and plates) that was in for service, so unfortunately there is already someone around here who is "the one in the red Model 3"... But hey, maybe you're the first red with sport wheels? ;)
Haha, I should say, "I'll be one (of many)..."

I am picking up on 3/26 and I did get the sport wheels. I was told that it wouldn't arrive in Dedham until the 25th. Either they are lying to me or that is mine, in which case I am really bummed I have to wait.
Did you happen to notice that VIN?

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am picking up on 3/26 and I did get the sport wheels. I was told that it wouldn't arrive in Dedham until the 25th. Either they are lying to me or that is mine, in which case I am really bummed I have to wait.
Alas, I was not so bold as to park next to it and get the VIN... there was a Tesla rep discussing the adjacent Model S with someone. :eek:

Other folks on this forum whose cars have arrived earlier than expected have reported getting calls asking if they want to reschedule their delivery to an earlier date, so the most likely explanation is that it's someone else's car. But if I do get a chance to swing by and the car is still there, I'll see if I can get a peek at the VIN. :)

Deadbattery

Country
Country

Jealous.... I expect I won't get a VIN until the first week of April now.... Tesla does not do stickers... Will they get the plates?

UncleMoose

Country
Country
Yes, Tesla will get the plates.

On a side note, I saw a midnight silver 3 this morning in town. It looked so nice!
Hi CtPan -

You might be interested to know that my wife and I were at the Dedham store last Saturday (24th) to decide between red and blue. We saw a red one on the supercharger that I assume was yours - and that swung us firmly to red. There was a blue one in the back (NH plates, studded tires all around!) and it proved that the blue is really nice under sunny conditions or strong lighting, but just looks dark navy on a grey day like last Saturday. The red just looks gorgeous under any lighting.

Uncle Moose

Country
Country
I think you are right, that was most likely the one I picked up. I too was tying to decide between blue and red.

Country
Country
Got the car inspected today at the Mobil on Main St. Mechanic had no trouble figuring out how to open door from the outside. Used the emergency handle twice to exit the car. No idea they lifted the car on each side to look under. Probably out of habit he asked me how many cylinders it had.

Country
Country
Got the car inspected today at the Mobil on Main St. Mechanic had no trouble figuring out how to open door from the outside. Used the emergency handle twice to exit the car. No idea they lifted the car on each side to look under. Probably out of habit he asked me how many cylinders it had.
I am picking my Model 3 in 1st week May 2018. Dedham, MA Tesla so just a quick question on the inspection.

Yes, they have to lift the car from each side in the front as required by MA State inspection to check for wear /tear of Ball Joints, and Tie Rods.
Did those guys show care while lifting your Model 3 ? It has to be lifted only on indicated spots per OM. There are 2 in front and 2 in rear.

Also, why did they use the emergency/ manual button ? Tesla Owners Manual states it damages window trim.

Country
Country
Any suggestions for a good place to get state inspection sticker in Andover, MA? Picking up Model 3 in Dedham, MA so a place near there would work as well.

Thanks.

Hi did you figure out a good place to take your Model 3 for a safety inspection. As one of my concerns that place should know how to lift the sides carefully without putting any stress on the Battery pane.

Pls reply to this thread with name and address of a place.

i wish Tesla location in MA could just do the safety inspection.

Country
Country
I am picking my Model 3 in 1st week May 2018. Dedham, MA Tesla so just a quick question on the inspection.

Yes, they have to lift the car from each side in the front as required by MA State inspection to check for wear /tear of Ball Joints, and Tie Rods.
Did those guys show care while lifting your Model 3 ? It has to be lifted only on indicated spots per OM. There are 2 in front and 2 in rear.

Also, why did they use the emergency/ manual button ? Tesla Owners Manual states it damages window trim.
Congrats on the car.

They showed the same amount of care lifting the 3 as other cars. He did make sure to find the right spot to place the lift.

I don't think he realized there are two ways to open the door. Found the most intuitive way and just went with it.

Should have given him the manual.........

Country
Country
Hi did you figure out a good place to take your Model 3 for a safety inspection. As one of my concerns that place should know how to lift the sides carefully without putting any stress on the Battery pane.

Pls reply to this thread with name and address of a place.

i wish Tesla location in MA could just do the safety inspection.

Never got a name of a place that did enough Tesla inspections to know/care about Tesla specific things during inspection. Went with the one on Main St Andover since another member said he took his S there. I figured at least they have some Tesla experience.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What? Aren't they required to provide you an already inspected and stickered car at sale?