Standard Range RWD Model Y Available to Order

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Woohoo! Model Y now starts at $41,900
I knew once we saw the efficiency bumps they would do SR.
However I still hope the price falls a bit later this year to compete with VW ID4

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It was supposed to be $39,000, not $42,000 :confused:
And I'm guessing we'll never see a LR RWD.

mrau

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since the range of Y SR is 244 miles, Elon must have felt it was close enough. The SR Model Y come with premium interior & sound as well.

Although this version is more money than the projected price on the old chart posted, the range, top speed and 0-60 are all improved.

This Y price point will compete better against the Ford Mustang. Good to have options.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 8.25.28 AM.jpg

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It was supposed to be $39,000, not $42,000 :confused:
And I'm guessing we'll never see a LR RWD.

Remember, that was when they were still producing the LR RWD Model 3 which was discontinued. I can’t see them producing that for the Y unless they eventually need an incentive. Model Y sales are taking off like crazy so as long as they can sell higher margin cars there’s no reason to offer anything cheaper

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since the range of Y SR is 244 miles, Elon must have felt it was close enough. The SR Model Y come with premium interior & sound as well.

Although this version is more money than the projected price on the old chart posted, the range, top speed and 0-60 are all improved.

This Y price point will compete better against the Ford Mustang. Good to have options.

Nearly on top of it. A standard range RWD Mach E is $42,895 and has 230 miles of advertised range, goes 0-60 in 5.8 seconds.

Model Y is half a second faster to 60, with slightly higher advertised range. It's $1k less but the Ford still gets the $7,500 credit.

Reactions: 2 people

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Also, the standard range Model Y was originally scheduled to be introduced "Spring 2021".
It's not spring yet, so Tesla is ahead of schedule yet again. :)

I like the new "sandbagging" Elon. ;)

Reactions: 2 people

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I bet it's slighly because AP is no included, so that's the $3K diff.
Could be. But the AWD is now $50k ($1000 less than the announced price) and the Performance is $60k (same price as announced).

JCE

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wow, been waiting for the 7 seat option and it’s not available for the performance!!! WHY!!!!!!!!

Seems like we are both in the same boat. Reserved the 7-seat performance Y at the reveal and has been waiting too.

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It is clearly a shot across the bow of Ford and even Audi. Good move by Elon and the team.
Although, the Audi is so much more "SUV-like" vs the Y. If the Audi was 300miles, the Mrs. would have it in the garage.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Seems like we are both in the same boat. Reserved the 7-seat performance Y at the reveal and has been waiting too.

So tempted to just go forward with the non-perf model instead, but seeing all the tweaks coming out of China I'll just hold out a bit longer.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.