Standard range delivery date?

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
So standard range looks like a 2-4 week delivery from time of order and standard plus ($2k more) gets delivered in 2 weeks. This is based on s Bay Area delivery , I’m not sure about other parts of country.

Question, do we Belive. Tesla this time around, or will 2 weeks turn to 2 months? I want to Belive but the previous burn still hurts.

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
ordered 1 hour after announcement . ( both times)
Will keep you posted. Never afraid to put my money where my mouth is.

Last edited:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon noted tonight that production of the Standard Range Model 3 would also follow an S-curve, like the other variants before it:

The 2-4 week timeframe will probably apply to those who placed their orders early, as well as those who have early-reservation priority. Anyone who isn't a member of those groups should be prepared to wait a little bit longer, due to the unpredictable slope of the S-curve.

Country
Country
I placed mine 5 minutes after order update. Also Standard Ramge Plus. My account showed, and still shows “delivery within two weeks”. That means it’ll be here in 6 more days at the latest. Yet, no VIN assignment yet. And when you call Tesla they have no idea when it’ll be ready. Meanwhile i sold my current car in preparation for the Model 3 that’s showing up next week. Needless to say, I’ll be diving my daughters car for the next 6 days (to 6 months, because, who really know??).

cpgbenso

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With Tesla I think it's safe to assume that weeks = months when it comes to delivery dates. Mine shows 2-4 weeks for a base SR, but I was probably somewhere near 400,000th in line when I reserved on 4/20/2016. Given how many model 3's have been produced to date and allowing for 30% cancellation rate, there are probably still 100,000 people or so in front of me (which means fall 2019 at the earliest given current production numbers). Have to be a bit realistic in that Tesla is trying to thread a needle here with their business model and needed to come up with $920M in cash the other day. So opening up SR orders now was a way to get a fast influx of cash to help offset that. I just hoping I get mine in the next few months, my 2003 Mazda (187k mi) is burning a lot of oil and won't pass DEQ inspection when my sticker expires in Oct.

Country
Country
I agree. And as with anyone that's ordered, we just want a date. If it's a week, fine, a month, fine, 6 months, perfect, just need to know. If it's not "delivery within 2 weeks", they need to just state that. Silly...

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
"Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

It turns out that the "order placed date" is not the actual date we placed the order, but rather the date that tesla decides that we placed the order. this can vary based on Order date, Production ramp moon phase, the current capacity of tesla chargers and whether or not its a leap year. I think the "S" in S curve that elon talked about stands for Sucker. Damn, I fall for his good looks every time. I really did want to believe that things were different this time around. I wanted to believe he would be faithful and not cheat. Shame on me for having faith that he was a changed man.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree. And as with anyone that's ordered, we just want a date. If it's a week, fine, a month, fine, 6 months, perfect, just need to know. If it's not "delivery within 2 weeks", they need to just state that. Silly...
Yep, your expectations are totally reasonable.

But you're dealing with Tesla, rather than an established automaker that has been churning out the same volume of vehicles for decades. Tesla continues to be in a state of turmoil figuring out how best to handle customer support while growing the company (and now, shrinking the sales force) and not going bankrupt. If you're not prepared to deal with these kinds of issues, then it would be better to wait a year or two before ordering a Tesla.

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
As of last night, it appears that New standard orders have a 6-8 week lead time , sr + = 2-4 week. And everything else at 2 week. Happy to see some sort of updates.

Shopat936

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I started the Standard+ order process since last Friday and completed Monday 3/11 afternoon, received a VIN# in 2 hr and email confirmed delivery on Wed. 3/13. Is that real??

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I started the Standard+ order process since last Friday and completed Monday 3/11 afternoon, received a VIN# in 2 hr and email confirmed delivery on Wed. 3/13. Is that real??
They should be switching production to North American cars now. If they just happened to have already created a car with the specifications that you ordered, then it's possible. Model 3s are made in similar batches - they don't make them "to order".

Country
Country
I cant wait to get my car today, i mean, the "delivery within two weeks of order date" on my account is today! So I took the day off to wait by the window. Still no VIN and haven't heard from anyone but... (sorry, making a half joke here but today is officially the last date of that window)! LOL

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Congrats. Sounds like you slipped through ey the worm hole and navigated the musk time warp. 3/13 is awesome. Post pics when u get it. You got any upgrades planned?

Last edited:

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
logged online today and saw a message" Please make your final payment" and then sure enough... right next to it was a delivery appointment for this Friday @ 4 pm. Aside from the BS of not calling or emailing or texting me ahead of time, It just so happens we won't be around that day. Now if they told me this ahead of time, I could of changed my plans. but I guess this the norm for tesla right?

called up customer service and luckily i was not on hold forever ( just 30secs) was able to change the delivery to next Tuesday.
however, when we did change the appointment, and I refreshed my screen, the vin # was gone. I guess my car will now be given to someone else.

While speaking to the rep and asking him how the car will be delivered, he mentioned that it would be driven to me , he then proceeded to say, that they are allowed to sell cars as new if they have under 50 miles, and since I live close to the Factory ( within 30 min drive) they would drive my car instead of delivering it via flatbed. I just hope they don't drive up and throw me the keys and then leave to catch the waiting uber like the other stories I have heard of. Needless to say, Happy that Tesla came through on the 2 week time frame ( give or take) but the lack of heads up and or communication on their part Sucks. Elon Musk Is an amazing man and Def (in my opinion ) one of the best thinkers of our time, But its time he hands over the keys to Tesla and let someone else take it to the next level, otherwise, I fear this great company will die like the great Tucker Co.

Attachments

Last edited:

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Elon Musk Is an amazing man and Def (in my opinion ) one of the best thinkers of our time, But its time he hands over the keys to Tesla and let someone else take it to the next level, otherwise, I fear this great company will die like the great Tucker Co.
Tesla made more cars in the previous hour than Tucker Motor Company made in their entire corporate history. Tesla got to this position because of Elon's leadership, not inspite of it.

sygyzy

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
logged online today and saw a message" Please make your final payment" and then sure enough... right next to it was a delivery appointment for this Friday @ 4 pm. Aside from the BS of not calling or emailing or texting me ahead of time, It just so happens we won't be around that day. Now if they told me this ahead of time, I could of changed my plans. but I guess this the norm for tesla right?
I am really interested in your total since I am ordering the same configuration and also in California. I estimated $3700 on top of the $1200 delivery fee but yours is coming in at much less. Can you tell me what your tax rate is in your city/county? Thank you for posting screenshots by the way.[/QUOTE]

Artdept

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I am really interested in your total since I am ordering the same configuration and also in California. I estimated $3700 on top of the $1200 delivery fee but yours is coming in at much less. Can you tell me what your tax rate is in your city/county? Thank you for posting screenshots by the way.
[/QUOTE] will this help?

My delivery location is 30 mins from the factory. Though inconvenient, I would be happy to pick it up from the factory if it saved me $1000.00

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 5.18.04 PM.png

Last edited:

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Might be a 2018. I ordered, got a VIN number 2 hours later. Delivery next day. It had been sitting at the store near Boston since July, which was the build date.

Olds442

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Might be a 2018. I ordered, got a VIN number 2 hours later. Delivery next day. It had been sitting at the store near Boston since July, which was the build date.
i don't think they were making standard + RWD cars for the US market back in July of 18. are you posting about your LR RWD?